Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Would one say it's beneficial to utilize an MSE+FM treatment on one with a Class 2 division 1 maloclussion with a narrow palate (Please reply guys)  

RSS
TheBeastPanda
Trusted Member

Is it benefical? And a young age I mean I could see it being benefical if you're able to get the mandible to come forward saggitaly with the maxila? Thoughts? Also Thoughts on if keeping teeth together for allowing the mandible to come forward simultaneously and also if is true that age this ripe age the mandible can reposture up to a Centimeter (CM) (10 mm)?

Posted : 18/01/2021 7:15 pm
Sergio-OMS
Trusted Member
Posted by: @thebeastpanda

Is it benefical? And a young age I mean I could see it being benefical if you're able to get the mandible to come forward saggitaly with the maxila? Thoughts? Also Thoughts on if keeping teeth together for allowing the mandible to come forward simultaneously and also if is true that age this ripe age the mandible can reposture up to a Centimeter (CM) (10 mm)?

Beneficial only if combined with a mandibular surgery, preferably IMDO. Mandible won't reposition, it will barely displace forward creating a "double bite" and a temporomandibular joint disfunction.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/02/2021 12:29 pm
TheBeastPanda
Trusted Member

@sergio-oms Why won't the mandible reposition? If the teeth and jaws are in proper posture I don't see how the mandible couldn't follow to an extent. Can't chewing also help in this regard?

Posted by: @sergio-oms

Mandible won't reposition, it will barely displace forward creating a "double bite" and a temporomandibular joint disfunction.

Please elaborate? This sounds intriguing,

Posted by: @sergio-oms

Beneficial only if combined with a mandibular surgery, preferably IMDO

Really so there's nothing I can do semi-naturally to encourage the mandible to keep up with the maxila esp. in the saggital dimensions?

And why do you recommend IMDO?

Are you an ortho or something? -Just wondering.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/02/2021 3:35 pm