Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Some questions from a "new" one

Rfgield

Hello guys. I'm 16 years old and started to use "correct" tongue posture in January or like so. Why it's in ""? Because I think I made it wrong way. Now, I have one side of face more prominent and has more muscles than other side. Looks like, I was tilting mu tongue to right side insted of applying the same force on both sides, so I'm going to fix it. Also I've noticed that my ear tilted a bit at a successful side of face.

So, I have some concerns. I was mouth breather until 14, until then I was pusing my lower jaw forward (to try fix my nerdy looks caused by distal malocclusion) and Idk how bad my bonial structure is. I'll include some photos there.

"Succesful" side is "V", bad side - " X"

And photo of succesful side

I'd ask for 1-10 rate but it's not the topic of this site, lol.

And questions:

So, do I have a reeceding jaw? What can you tell about my bonial structure generally? How screwed I am? And.. Can I fix my distal malocclusion with mewing? 

Topic starter Posted : 11/08/2019 11:53 pm
darkindigo
Reputable Member

Do you have photos of teeth?

Do you get outside much?  Remember, vitamin D is crucial for bone development.

You look quite nice.  LOL

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2019 2:06 am
mr.mewing
Estimable Member

you look good but your jaw is a little set back and downswung

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2019 2:17 am
harrykanemaxilla
Estimable Member

@darkindigo

What is the correct tongue posture and what helped our ancestors develop great jaws and cheekbones?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2019 9:06 am
darkindigo
Reputable Member
Posted by: @harrykanemaxilla

@darkindigo

What is the correct tongue posture and what helped our ancestors develop great jaws and cheekbones?

Diet and exercise.  They didn't worry about tongue posture.  They got plenty of vitamin D as well....and their animal fats were pasture raised (vitamin K).  The onslaught of changes is what's creating generations of poor development...which is driving mental illness.

Breastfeeding is one of the biggest...probably the biggest indicator for the wealth divide...with cyclical generations of poverty.
Prenatal oxygen - mom's don't usually know if they have sleep disorders and this is problematic for babies.  If the mom can't get enough oxygen...is the baby getting enough?
No exercise.  If you don't need your airways, they shrink down during growth.  Running and playing as kids is more important than any other time.
Stuck indoors at school during prime developmental years.  UVB rays don't go through glass.  Vitamin D is not made behind glass.
According to the research by Dr. Stasha Gominak, air conditioning is compounding this HORMONE D problem.  She said we're just not getting outside.
Our fats are unnatural and NOT PASTURE RAISED.  This gives us K, which puts bone nutrients where they belong.  Grass fed may be okay...pasture raised is best.  Butter, milk, cheese, etc... they are lacking the kind of vitamin K that they used to.   This is "activator x" that Weston Price honed into.  Read Dr. Stephen Lin.  Interesting connection between the kind of fats that the Nemechek protocol calls for and that of Dr. Steven Lin.  Fats matter.  Olive oil, pasture raised animal products, eggs, bacon, tropical oils, ghee from grass-fed.  I suspect that the Ayurvedic medicine diets reshape faces per the assigned Doshas.  A good diet is one with bone-developing fats and lower processed carbs/sugars.

Here's the other thing...because our ancestors didn't have enough good foods (and before cooked foods)... they smooshed their faces pretty short.  This means more anxiety for higher alertness by encroaching into the nasal space.  That's where nitric oxide is made...which is calming.  It's the reason why those who mouth breath are super anxious.  We don't need this anxiety today.  They did.  We don't.  Remember, you can smoosh into your nasal space a number of ways...  but it all has to do with area over the palate.  Lifting the maxilla up higher (instead of developing outwardly) is going to be problematic.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2019 10:25 am
harrykanemaxilla
Estimable Member

@darkindigo

As a 17 year old, does that mean I am stuffed as my growth has finished so my skull won’t be able to fix itself?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2019 10:32 am
darkindigo
Reputable Member

@harrykanemaxilla

I can't comment without photos, but the answer is no.  Even adults can change over time.  If you start exercising (start out slower so you don't overdo it and get an airway injury)...but if you exercise and get sunshine on your skin or vitamin D supplementation....your body will change.  Look at the awesome necks on athletes.  Their airways are good.  It is never too late...just less ideal.   And you're in a better boat than many adults.  You may benefit from orthodontics... because there's a smidgen of growth left to harness.  Yoga is huge.  That's because of posture and breathing...those doing yoga have some of the best faces around!  Be careful about K, though.  It can easily be overdone.  That's why natural is ideal.  I do take K supplements in very small quantities.  Overdoing supplementation with K can cause your heart to stop and muscle tenseness.  See your doctor.  You don't have to sit up straight, but try not hunch forward.  Basically, good posture and exercise.  NEVER TOO LATE!

Also...if you live in a zone with calcium carbonate...add some magnesium to your baths and filter your drinking water.  The body uses vitamin D to regulate excessive calcium carbonate.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2019 10:53 am
harrykanemaxilla
Estimable Member
darkindigo
Reputable Member