Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Should Get My Torus Palitinus Removed  

RSS
OscarO

I'm afraid my Torus Palitinus is intervening with my mewing progress. I've searched that you can get it removed. However before doing so, is there any reason i shouldnt. I just want to make sure Im spending my money right. 

Posted : 31/03/2020 9:34 pm
Loliboly
Estimable Member

Why do you think so?  Doesn’t everyone have a torus palitinus?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/05/2020 3:42 am
Azrael
Estimable Member
Posted by: @loliboly

Why do you think so?  Doesn’t everyone have a torus palitinus?

I don't think so. I don't have them.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/05/2020 5:23 am
Loliboly
Estimable Member

@azrael

Wait, is a torus palitinus more like a big bump? I thought it just was the name for the mid line across the hard palate.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/05/2020 5:40 am
Loliboly
Estimable Member

@azrael @OscarO

Seem what I though was the torus palitinus is called palatine raphe.

how do you feel it affects for mewing? Shouldn’t you in theory be able to still exert pressure against the palate and maxilla, even with a torus palitinus?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/05/2020 5:46 am
Azrael liked
OscarO

@loliboly If you see the palatine raphe in wikipedia, it says it has a torus palitinus. I have one that looks exactly like the picture and when i feel it with tongue a ridge divides it in half. Do you think the tori will slow my mewing progress? How many people have tori anyways? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/05/2020 6:01 am
Loliboly
Estimable Member

@oscaro

As I aid, I don’t see why it would. But this is the first time I hear about this condition, so please don’t take my word for it. Hopefully someone more knowledgable here can consult you. Good luck!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/05/2020 7:08 am
Apollo
Reputable Member
OscarO
@apollo Thank you
ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/05/2020 2:43 pm