Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Question about mouth breathing  

RSS
brianfnpillman

We all know this guy right? Why do you think this kid's face has changed so bad? I've read that his mom got him a hamster which he was allergic to and his nose became blocked 24/7. Most mouth breather doesn't look like that guy. Does that mean a person who breathes 24/7 through the mouth will be effected more than sleepy ones? What are your thoughts?

Posted : 09/07/2019 4:09 am
6MAXIMUS3

1.Overall body posture. 

2.Maybe he wasn't much active. 

3.Mouthbreathing usually leads to bad head posture too. 

And yeah more Mouthbreathing = more bad effects 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/07/2019 11:16 am
brianfnpillman
Posted by: darkindigo

I suspect more with this poor guy.  Look at his right eye.  My guess is an internal structural asymmetry.  Perhaps a blocked turbinate?  As these turbinates take turns...if one is obstructed, opening your mouth to breathe is inevitable!  Especially at night.

But you can breathe through one nostril during the day, am I right? This also may be due to the fact that the right side of some people is more developed and the left side that didn't grow properly. Cuz some people breathe thru one nostril.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/07/2019 12:36 pm
dm222
Trusted Member

in my opinion his case is not as severe as it looks, because he is in the correct head posture.

most people here post pictures with head tilted upwards, like you did in his other post.

Pictures should be taken like this:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/07/2019 2:04 pm
brianfnpillman
Posted by: dm222

in my opinion his case is not as severe as it looks, because he is in the correct head posture.

most people here post pictures with head tilted upwards, like you did in his other post.

Pictures should be taken like this:

Thanks, I tried to take another pic but this time with correct head posture and without tilting head upwards.  The only thing that changed this time was that my chin was a bit more recessed. My Mandible remained stable. If you're interested I can send photos if you send me a pm. I don't want to share my pics on the internet anymore.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/07/2019 7:16 am