Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Im 14 and i was thinking of getting braces to fix my overbite should i?  

RSS
Marsiere214

Im on 14 and i have perfect froward growth, i have  chiseled jawline and im scared that braces might ruin my face ( cause recessed maxilla  or other nonsense ) any advice ?

Im also mewing, and im a

If i shouldn't whats your advice?

If i should do you think i should get palate expander as well?

Yes i also have crooked teeth 

Posted : 13/10/2019 4:27 pm
ShaktiOm
Trusted Member

Do you have crooked teeth? I think practicing good tongue posture should do an efficient job.  I would also practice other good mewing habits including overall good body posture and proper swallowing.

My personal experience was that traditional orthodontics ended up messing up my jaw. Mewing has fixed it thankfully and corrected my overbite. If you want to get braces, try and find an orthodontist that understands the importance of tongtue posture and its effects on facial growth.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/10/2019 7:48 pm
Engineers

STAY AWAY FROM ALL UNNECESSARY TREATMENTS AND SURGERIES!!!!!!!!!  You can still grow for another ten years, during which time chewing ROUND, RAW apples with your HANDS will create a force link between your incisors which can help to straighten them. Gently rotating a raw, round carrot between your premolars can help to intercuspate them, if needed.  We learned from poor farmers in a farming town, who can't afford ortho, that they teach their kids to chew this way to straighten their teeth, and it works. Crooked teeth are not necessarily a biomechanical problem or of aesthetic concern. plenty of people with crooked teeth have plenty of social interaction because their inner beauty is expressed outwards with their facial expressions. the corrupt ortho industry advertises to manipulate young people into believing that crooked teeth are a cause of a less successful future- A BIG LIE. 

The ortho industry wants young people to develop body dysmorphic disorder so that they will become a constant source of money for the orthos. It's clearly stated in all of their reasons for treatment: ortho causes more self-esteem-BIG LIE, never proven. Better income, job-BIG LIE, More attractive-big lie.   all lies. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/12/2019 2:34 pm
Share:

Face Development

Please Login or Register