Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

How orthodontists trap kids and parents wallets  

RSS
darkindigo
Reputable Member

Okay,...so an orthodontist may recommend “widening” just a few mm.  Listen...if it is during the child’s major growth spurts..quote unquote “widening” may actually be constricting.  This is because when you break / weaken the maxilla...it must be supported! This “support” of attaching and holding to jaws may cause jaw pain and trap the child!!

The worst recommendation I had was from an orthodontist who wanted to “widen” 2-3 mm with a turn rate of every 3 days.  Then he wanted to hold 9-12 mo.  This is where I was going to take my child.  It is about a year later and her jaws have far blown past that.  His rate was not very skeletal, either.  Overall, a bad treatment.  I thank that little voice in my head, which instructed...“He’s not her orthodontist.”  This stopped me in my tracks & sent us on the wildest of journeys you could imagine!  This orthodontist has a tall, narrow face & regularly traps children’s width growth.

This topic was modified 1 week ago 3 times by darkindigo
Posted : 11/07/2019 9:43 am
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register