Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Could i use a lower jaw expander along with MSE, Current age 14  

RSS
mewisit

hello everyone i have a narrow palate. With a class 2 ,division 1 macclusion. i have been in the mewing community for about 8 months. I have recently stummbled upon palatal expanders and heard that they can speed up the mewing proccess durasticley speically in younger folks such as myself. I decided to do further research palatal expansion and found out that among these palatal expander the best one by far is the MSE appliance. Knowing this fact i did research to try to find MSE providers in my area i thankfully found one. Then i got hit with something.  If i expand the upper jaw how will i expand the lower jaw. I did some further research and found out that when expanding the upper jaw apperantly the lower jaw expands as well. I was and still am skeptical of this, but i still kinda believe it but i want to have a back up plan just incase this dosnt go according to plan. The first logical idea that comes to mind is expand the lower jaw with a lower jaw expander. But i am not entirely sure how it works or even if i can change the skeletal structure of my lower basal bone. SO IF YOU GUYSS COULD PLLLLEEEAASE TELL ME if i should use a lower jaw expander. also i am not interested in surgery or sfot these are to invasive.

Posted : 23/06/2020 3:53 pm