Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Check out these results  

RSS
Goblin_slayer

https://www.reddit.com/r/orthotropics/comments/erclbr/mewing_3_year_progress_thoughts_20_years_old/

look at this , that gonial angle change wew 

Posted : 20/01/2020 12:24 pm
Jako liked
Kyte
 Kyte
Estimable Member

Just saw It a while a ago. Those are the kind of changes I am hoping for in 5-6 years 

If that's real it's encouraging

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/01/2020 1:23 pm
ohwhatthehell
Eminent Member

That's insanely shopped. I mean seriously... It's not even well done.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/01/2020 12:48 am
auxiliary
Estimable Member
Posted by: @kyte

Just saw It a while a ago. Those are the kind of changes I am hoping for in 5-6 years 

If that's real it's encouraging

Is this you? IMO your maxilla is already too forward on the left side, right just doesn't look natural at all. if anything I feel like your upper maxilla can go backwards.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/07/2020 6:21 pm
Kyte
 Kyte
Estimable Member

@auxiliarus

Hi,

Yes. Actually my family-friend orthodontist honestly said that my bite is really messed up, but somehow it compensates itself, even haestetically. It is class 3, however upper incisors are flared outward due to tongue trust (giving you the illusion of a forward maxilla, when actually it is set back, that why I tongue thrust the teeth) and the lower are tilted inward (maybe because I always had the habit of biting on my nails), hiding the class 3 occlusion.

He refused to treat me, because he (and others) is sure I need a surgeon to expand the maxilla cutting it along the palate and protracting it forward separating it at the rear. Then, it is necessary an orthodontic treatment to align the upper teeth and push them inward a little, matching the lower precendentally treated

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/07/2020 1:44 am
auxiliary
Estimable Member

@auxiliarus

Hi,

Yes. Actually my family-friend orthodontist honestly said that my bite is really messed up, but somehow it compensates itself, even haestetically. It is class 3, however upper incisors are flared outward due to tongue trust (giving you the illusion of a forward maxilla, when actually it is set back, that why I tongue thrust the teeth) and the lower are tilted inward (maybe because I always had the habit of biting on my nails), hiding the class 3 occlusion.

He refused to treat me, because he (and others) is sure I need a surgeon to expand the maxilla cutting it along the palate and protracting it forward separating it at the rear. Then, it is necessary an orthodontic treatment to align the upper teeth and push them inward a little, matching the lower precendentally treated

I don't think it's just the illusion of the teeth, your nose is very forward relative to your forehead, it seems logical that your maxilla is quite forward set relative to your forehead.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/07/2020 9:32 am
Kyte
 Kyte
Estimable Member

@auxiliarus yes, that's true. But I think it is due to an high and quite narrow palate

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/07/2020 9:54 am
auxiliary
Estimable Member

@auxiliarus yes, that's true. But I think it is due to an high and quite narrow palate

The nasal bone is on top of the maxilla, if the nasal bone is very forward set relative to the forehead, wouldn't that mean that the upper maxilla is also very forward? A high palate would mean your upper maxilla would be pushed out.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/07/2020 4:58 pm