Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Assistance/Advice/Help  

RSS
TheMewllionaire

I'm 15 and I started mewing 2 days ago, I know it's normal  beginners having a few issues but I'd really appreciate some help.

I almost can't breath while my tongue is on my palate and I'd like to know in how many days or weeks I should get used to it or my airway should expand.

Another thing is that I really couldn't understand fully how I should  be swallowing food, as I know it has an important role in the overall results.

Lastly, I would be really grateful if someone explained about chin tuck and head posture.

Thanks in advance.

Posted : 03/07/2019 9:56 pm
Topic Tags
Kyte
 Kyte
Estimable Member

Push swallow as often as possible

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/07/2019 6:27 am
darkindigo
Reputable Member

@TheMewllionaire what are you doing Mewing for?  What's your intent/goal/objective?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/07/2019 1:23 am
darkindigo
Reputable Member

The concern I have is that when you push your maxilla up, it has a very hard time coming down.  🙁  The airway is important in all areas.  It seems as though the nasal airway may be important for anxiety.  Have you had any consults for braces?  Typically, orthodontists make patients look like themselves...many will do this.  If there is a problem area, maybe consider going to someone who doesn’t have that problem?  Ex.  I wouldn’t go to someone who has a recessed chin if I didn’t want one.  With that being said...some orthos will do the opposite.  Ex.  I know an ortho who had bicuspid extractions and blows up faces.  🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/07/2019 9:27 am