Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

about to get braces

helpmeplease

hello, i am 16 years old and im about to get braces (only on my bottom teeth) and i have some questions.

is it bad that i will only have braces on my bottom teeth?

when i ask the orthodontist which way my teeth will be pulled (forward or backwards) he told me it will be abit forward but also a bit backwards, does that mean that mewing will still be effective while im with braces?

ty.

Topic starter Posted : 09/03/2020 12:56 pm
helpmeplease

@gewgerg

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/03/2020 5:41 am
gewgerg

You should always Mew regardless of your circumstances and you'll still be fully able to widen your upper arch so it shouldn't be too much of a problem I don't think.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/03/2020 1:43 pm
helpmeplease

@gewgerg

ofc ill keep mewing, want to master it asap.

i was just asking if ill still see changes in my face and stuff

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/03/2020 4:57 pm
gewgerg

@helpmeplease

If there's no brace on the upper teeth then you can still expand and thus, get changes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/03/2020 5:30 pm
helpmeplease

@gewgerg

ok, but i was just thinking, i dont think my face can get an upswing because of my braces on bottom, do u think im right?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/03/2020 6:12 am
gewgerg
Posted by: @helpmeplease

@gewgerg

ok, but i was just thinking, i dont think my face can get an upswing because of my braces on bottom, do u think im right?

I think you could still get upswing as the whole mandible can move to match an expanded maxilla regardless of the lower arch.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/03/2020 10:35 am
komal

even i did had. kind of a pain 🙁

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/05/2020 2:29 pm