Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Zygos not developed properly?  

RSS
Redbird

My Cheekbones seem to be recessed, just the zygomatic area seems to be the problem. I have no ogee curve, bad eye support and just overall flatness in the area they’re supposed to be. Any ideal on how to improve this? 

Posted : 25/10/2018 5:17 pm
Samuel Alonzo
Eminent Member

Hard Mewing or maybe facepulling

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/10/2018 6:17 pm
Redbird

How do you hard mew? Just the same as mewing but harder?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/10/2018 10:23 am
Sorrow liked
Couda
Eminent Member

Flat cheekbones is a phenotype, i have that too. Why you have no eye support is because your maxilla is rotated down. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/10/2018 10:34 am
auxiliary7
Eminent Member

All the replies are wrong. Zygo and mandible development(literally the volume of the bone) is positively influenced by chewing. Just do chin-tucked open mouth chewing, my zygos have blown up from it and my lower jaw is starting to slowly grow in width from it as well. Don't over-do the volume though, don't suddenly start chewing like a maniac, give it weeks to build up, or you'll get TMJ. Basically start with one mastic gum, one hour, constantly alternating every 100 chews. Keep it at one hour and start chewing two mastic gums the next week, three the one thereafter and so forth until you get like to eight-ten gums. I'd suggest to just maintain the routine thereafter at thirty minutes of chewing of those gums. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/10/2018 12:56 pm
Ayla31 liked
Slinky
Trusted Member

Brad Pitt doesn't have a good ogee curve despite very good jaw growth.

image from when he was younger. Flat ogee curve compared to a good one like Scott Eastwood has

i think having amazing cheekbones is genetic. I personally have been swallowing correctly my entire life yet my cheekbones look nothing special. Don't even have hollow cheeks

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/10/2018 11:17 pm
Redbird

Thanks, I’ll definitely try that. I do agree that zygos have a strong genetic component to them but I think they can definitely be improved.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/10/2018 2:06 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

Palate expansion improves zygos

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/10/2018 3:17 pm
Ayla31
Trusted Member

I agree with @auxiliary7. I recently watched a video from Dr. German Ramirez, in which he states that chewing (hard diet) develops the maxilla in a lateral manner. So the expansion will also affect the zygomatic bones positively.

He talks about here (at min. 53- 55):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUTdkIadiVY&feature=youtu.be

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/10/2018 3:42 pm
Redbird liked
auxiliary7
Eminent Member
Posted by: Slinky

Brad Pitt doesn't have a good ogee curve despite very good jaw growth.

image from when he was younger. Flat ogee curve compared to a good one like Scott Eastwood has

i think having amazing cheekbones is genetic. I personally have been swallowing correctly my entire life yet my cheekbones look nothing special. Don't even have hollow cheeks

Your argument isn't good though. Scott Eastwood has well developed face laterally, but not that much upswing. Brad Pitt has a good upswing, but his face isn't well developed laterally.

The upswing gives Brad Pitt a good lower jaw and his implants compensate for his lack of lateral growth. I'd say Brad Pitt has bad oral posture, that's why he took such massive implants.

Scott Eastwood on the other side is an example of someone with perfect oral posture, his face is laterally well developed, but he doesn't have much upswing. That helps him make his cheekbones look more apparent(the lack of upswing), but it also makes him have a slightly receded lower jaw. 

Basically Brad Pitt has a good upswing, but his IMW is pretty short. In all of his laughing photos I count 7 to 8 teeth usually.

Scott Eastwood has a pretty good upswing, but not as strong as that of Pitt, but his whole face is well laterally developed. In all of his smiles I count around 11 to 13 teeth easily, and even more than that in some others. 

I actually saw a photo of Brad Pitt photo-shopped without his implants, he didn't look good at all! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/10/2018 7:05 am
Slinky
Trusted Member

Lol. Scott inherited his fathers facial structure hence he has those big cheekbones which are genetic. Also brad pitt did not have implants

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/10/2018 7:55 am
auxiliary7
Eminent Member

You're ignoring all other arguments and yes of course there are genetic differences but you can always better yourself. Brad has narrow palate, narrow cheekbones. Scott has wide palate, wide cheekbones. Scott probably had good [Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated] sucking till age of 3 or later and good oral posture his whole life, Brad mostly likely didn't. 

Also Brad has implants. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/11/2018 9:22 am
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

Scott had great upswing. Look at how high his maxillary position is 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/11/2018 3:05 pm
auxiliary7
Eminent Member
Posted by: EddieMoney

Scott had great upswing. Look at how high his maxillary position is 

My point was Brad Pitt is a bad example, his palate is too narrow to include him in an argument vs someone with a very wide palate. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/11/2018 4:06 pm
Community Lurker
Posted by: auxiliary7

All the replies are wrong. Zygo and mandible development(literally the volume of the bone) is positively influenced by chewing. Just do chin-tucked open mouth chewing, my zygos have blown up from it and my lower jaw is starting to slowly grow in width from it as well. Don't over-do the volume though, don't suddenly start chewing like a maniac, give it weeks to build up, or you'll get TMJ. Basically start with one mastic gum, one hour, constantly alternating every 100 chews. Keep it at one hour and start chewing two mastic gums the next week, three the one thereafter and so forth until you get like to eight-ten gums. I'd suggest to just maintain the routine thereafter at thirty minutes of chewing of those gums. 

Wouldn't this lead to overdevelopped masseters?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/04/2019 7:17 am