Forum

Please Note: The Users of this site are not engaged in rendering professional advice or services to the individual reader. The ideas, procedures, and suggestions contained within this work are not intended as a substitute for examination by your medical practitioner.

[Sticky] Assorted Stories from the Web  

Page 1 / 3 Next
  RSS
TGW
 TGW
(@admin)
TGW Admin Admin

For research and dissemination I will be collecting in one location the adult expansion, cranial adjustment, and face-pulling results. I implore our users to keep accurate records for themselves and others; these can include dental/palate impressions, before/after pictures, X-Rays and 3D scans.

The purpose of this collection is for use as evidence for theories proposed here. This collection will only be re-posted on this website and will not be submitted anywhere else. 

For those looking into expansion and movement in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions alone can be very helpful. 

If you have successfully completed any expansion/movement of facial bones and have any of the above records, please attach them below with your personal story of what you did and what the results were (use multiple posts if necessary).

If you wish to share anonymously, please send me a personal message and we will arrange an anonymous transfer. If you do not have any records to share,  your personal experience is also very valuable. Please tell us what you have done and what the results were. 

Your input could help many, many people

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/08/2017 11:25 am
TGW
 TGW
(@admin)
TGW Admin Admin

User from ShapeYourFace forum. User was 20 years old when began proper tongue posture, 21 at time of after photo

http://www.shapeyourface.com/syfbb/viewtopic.php?t=247

Quotes from User: 

Yes, I don't believe in unattractive people. I believe that most faces are wrongly adapted which significantly had an impact on the bone structure. The bone structure is a main part of our looks and if that doesn't develop well then we will not only have bad bone structure but it will also have an impact on our facial muscles.

As you can see, my upper lip and lower lip evened out to a similar size. The lower lip was twice as chubby than the upper lip before. An unexpexted change is that the lines next to my nose disappeared. I'm not sure why. Perhaps it's because my maxilla went a few millimeters forward. I had an underbite before and it evened out as well.

I wonder how far those changes will go. I will wait a few years more and let my bone structure take care of my facial muscles for now.

No one is unattractive in my eyes. We just have to shape our faces, as we shape our bodies. In either cases we have to give them the right environment for them to grow properly - and Dr. Mike Mew set an example for that.

I have been doing Dr. Mew's method for a half year and my bone structure changed very well. Instead of describing it in words, let me demonstrate that with pictures of myself.

Oh and my assymetry has improved a lot. My tongue posture is better and I fixed my forward head posture which is super important. Having the wrong head posture impacts all the muscles on your face and the bones in the long term, so do not underestimate it. It made a greater change for me.

Chewing more on the left side improved my facial symmetry too. I used to chew on my right side for my entire life which is why it's shorter than the other side. Therefore I'm chewing now 4 hours on the left side and 2 hours on the right one to balance it out and it works amazingly well.

More improvements: my TMJ resolved completely and my teeth are perfectly aligned now.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2017 10:04 am
TGW
 TGW
(@admin)
TGW Admin Admin

User from BreakTheMatrix Forum. User was 18 when began mewing, 19 at time of after photo. User has had 4 wisdom teeth removed

Additional Image:

[Before on Right, After on Left]

Quotes from User:

1.5 years being aware of mewing, 1 year of proper and constant hard mewing, dabbled with facepulling as many of you know but gave that up around the new year, chewing mastic gum for about 3 months now. 

life has changed a lot [...]. My jaws and skull are sore daily as if i had braces! exact same feelings. good luck

I highly recommend hard Mewing. Enter a slight caloric surplus, tongue to the roof of the mouth pushing forward, upwards and laterally. Do this all day, every day. Do it consciously and really try to feel each plate of the skull respond to your force. If you have ever worked out in the gym then you have likely heard of the mind-muscle connection. I believe this is similar. You can't just push indiscriminately. You need to really take your time and feel out the changes. 

I supplement vitamin K2, d, calcium, and some other general stuff.

Chew mastic gum for an hour a day. Alternate sides of course.

waking up is often when I am mewing the hardest.

I really found chewing before bed and strengthening those facial muscles assists in nighttime maintenance. I used a myobrace appliance for 1 month, 1 year ago in order to fully train my tongue to stay up over night. I didn't need it past the single month and frankly, it was confining my palate much more than I liked. 

I sleep on my stomach, sadly. My head is obviously on its side. I make an effort to switch sides but prefer the left side. I Mackenzie tuck for the duration of the night and often use my arm/hand to sort of hold the tuck. When I wake up, my palate is sore like when I had braces. Nighttime is a critical element to get right, if you wish to see changes.

I really must stress that this is something that must be focused on all day. Every waking minute I am concentrating on shifting my facial bones; visualizing the changes. You have to want it. You have to NEED it. Have faith in the method. 

There is nothing better than waking up in the morning, having trained yourself to maintain perfect posture and pressure over night, feeling your midface shift on demand as you alter tongue pressure. You will feel your sinus cavity expand. Extra air will enter it. Absolute bliss. 

Fight for it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2017 10:09 am
TGW
 TGW
(@admin)
TGW Admin Admin

User MessiahMews, from her own blog and also BreakTheMatrix 

Quotes from User:

From left to right.  1st pic on left was in 2010 (No NCR nor ABC), and the collapsed palate/maxilla (mouth area is clearly collapsed sunken in).  The 2nd pic was during the 3rd NCR session of November of 2012.  There was already great changes, as my mouth isn't sunk in anymore (collapsed palate/maxilla).  The last two pics, obviously made the same day, was made after 6 NCR sessions, but I had already started having ABC (Advanced Biostructural Correction done too.  Although my ABC chiropractor, doesn't do the EndoNasal Cranial Correction, it does all work together and it still helped the NCR out and visa versa.  The chin depth (neck to chin is out more, due to the maxilla/palate being moved forward even more with continued NCR.  A sharper jawline!  

Plus I no longer have that fugly retruded chin look. The changes in facial aesthetics are quite OBVIOUS and MUCH better!  I'm very happy and pleased with it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2017 10:26 am
TGW
 TGW
(@admin)
TGW Admin Admin

Michale Fetzik, BSN OMT. Nearly 50 Years old. Tongue tie correction, palate expansion, and tongue posture/scaffolding

Quotes from User:

These are my photos. Thank you for the reference. I would have been happy to dialogue with you regarding my process and results.

Your question “Her results are good but what if they can be better when pushing the posterior tongue? When I was briefly trained in Oral Myology I was never taught about the posterior.” is easily answered.

Yes, I am pushing the posterior / base of tongue. The tongue is in complete contact with the palate from incisive papilla to just anterior of the uvula. My guess is that if I indeed had the proper anterior face development / maxillary placement that I would be able to achieve contact with the base of tongue to the uvula.

Given that I am nearly 50 years old, I was shocked at the results achieved. None of the result was intended or sought out for facial osseous changes. My whole goal was to rid myself of Migraine headache and neck / shoulder pain.

Here the link to my recently published case history (for all of the clinical details) published in Cranio UK.

http://www.happykansasfaces.com/uploads/2/9/2/7/29276427/cranio_uk_article.pdf

I can assure you that my own personal journey has fueled the fire for helping others and getting out the message that facial / neck musculature tone and patterning changes lives.

My work centers around infants in trying to identify patterns and factors that contribute to airway and facial posture issues from birth. My findings are nothing short of shocking!

---

The tongue tip should start at the bump behind the two front teeth and lay out the full length of the palate to the soft palate. The action on the palate should be that of a ‘suction cup’. So like the soft plastic suction cups you use to hang something on a window would be the best way to explain this connection. When in this position you open your mouth, the tongue stays on the palate and eventually pops or unsticks falling away from the palate.

Overall it’s a soft gentle push with a negative suction.

Hope this helps!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2017 10:37 am
TGW
 TGW
(@admin)
TGW Admin Admin

PatientZero. Facepulling. In 20s

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2017 10:39 am
TGW
 TGW
(@admin)
TGW Admin Admin

Owner of http://jawpain-tmjtreatment.com/. Facepulling and NCR. Has had braces and teeth extraction as a child. Over 40 when treatment began

Quotes from User:

Your maxilla will come forward without surgery. As it comes forward, the bones around your condiles will rotate and your jaw will become loose and drop forward. Therefore, you will not be pulling JUST the maxilla forwards and end up looking like an inbred retard. Not only your maxilla will come forward but YOUR ENTIRE FACE WILL! Especially your cheekbones, so if you don't have cheekbones, you will get them with this technique. Your whole face will come forward and your jaw will follow along getting rid of TMJ forever! Below are my results...

It is absolutely amazing how FAST this process works, and the change over the course of 1 year will be staggering. Many of these so-called self-esteem issues are just not being good-looking. As your face improves, so does your self-esteem. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2017 10:48 am
TGW
 TGW
(@admin)
TGW Admin Admin

Lookism User. 20 Years old. Facepulling

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2017 10:55 am
TGW
 TGW
(@admin)
TGW Admin Admin

Forum user Yay. Side Sleeper with trouble keeping jaw shut. TMJ issues. 8 Months progress. Over 20 years old. 

Quotes from User:

For my changes, yes the breathing! So much better and clearer. Also, just trying to chew food and swallow differently. My poof around my mouth (buccinators to get technical) is way less. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/09/2017 11:30 am
Allixa
(@allixa)
Reputable Member

Here's an imgur album of success stories that I have found around the internet. There's some really good stuff in here.

https://imgur.com/a/zTknC

TGW, I would have sent these over in a PM but I can't tell how to do that. There doesn't seem to be an option for it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/11/2017 5:43 pm
TGW
 TGW
(@admin)
TGW Admin Admin
Posted by: Allixa

Here's an imgur album of success stories that I have found around the internet. There's some really good stuff in here.

https://imgur.com/a/zTknC

TGW, I would have sent these over in a PM but I can't tell how to do that. There doesn't seem to be an option for it.

I'll get a PM system set up.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/12/2017 12:43 am
Ag
 Ag
(@Ag)
  • Did he just do it by changing the head posture and mouth position?
ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/02/2018 7:43 am
Meltcel
 Meltcel
(@Meltcel)

Re: Jamo716

I am inspired by his story since his before pic looks a lot like my condition. His after profile (I don't really care about masseter development) looks like the ideal facial profile to me. I wish I would have known ortho wouldn't have yielded those results.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2018 2:17 pm
Allixa
(@allixa)
Reputable Member

I'm reposting the album I created above ( https://imgur.com/a/zTknC) as actual images on the forum instead of as a link:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2018 3:35 pm Apollo liked
Allixa
(@allixa)
Reputable Member

To view these ones full size, right click them or visit the album: https://imgur.com/a/zTknC

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2018 3:36 pm
Allixa
(@allixa)
Reputable Member

And here is someone who said that they solved their TMJ through chewing/mewing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2018 3:39 pm
Meltcel
 Meltcel
(@Meltcel)

Deleted post

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2018 3:42 pm
Allixa
(@allixa)
Reputable Member
Posted by: Meltcel

Lookism is such a toxic place. Nobody there is interested in looksmaxing save for a few members. People there want to argue about pointless garbage like "what phenotypes are most attractive? " and a bunch of mental masturbation about how "rotting" is the best solution to "not having Chad's genes".

That place is mentally ill. I signed up there thinking people would be interested in actually changing. Boyo was I wrong. 

Also just lol @a bunch of 18-20 year olds who seem to think having a recessed maxilla looks "high class" and "evolved". 

Lookism does have issues, but there was a lot of great knowledge dropped there back in the day. I did my best to preserve that knowledge while avoiding the other unsavory elements that you referred to. A lot of the older posters from there aren't around anymore; it seems that the new userbase is full of people who are doing everything they can to drag the place down. I don't browse there anymore because there is no more knowledge being shared. It wouldn't surprise me if the majority of posters there now were actually ruining that place on purpose.

Anyways, I really want this forum to avoid the fate that the other forums fell to. We need to avoid going down the dark path of allowing people to start using memes, chad/incel talk, etc because once you get into that stuff it invites a really destructive crowd and energy that is the exact opposite of what we need in order to make progress on this complex topic.

With that in mind I would consider changing your av/username to be better suited to what the goals of this place are just because your av and username are really reminiscent of those communities and might invite more of those unsavory elements to exist here over time. Basically what I am trying to say is, if you want this forum to remain a place where people come to pursue change and knowledge and truth then it's probably best to create a new culture that goes after that instead of dragging that older worse culture into here.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2018 5:43 pm Angelina liked
Meltcel
 Meltcel
(@Meltcel)

Deleted post. No point in this discussion.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2018 6:12 pm
Allixa
(@allixa)
Reputable Member

@admin, @progress

We should decide which direction the forum should go in. My post is pretty clear above about what happens to forums when they give in to the types of cultures that other Mew forums have gone down, and Mew himself says he won't allow his name to be attached to places like that. Please provide guidance and direction. This topic will only become more important as people continue to join.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/03/2018 6:48 pm Cassius liked
Page 1 / 3 Next
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register