Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Would pulling or pushing forward the zygoma cause the maxilla to move forwards?  

RSS
Fluffycutecat
Eminent Member

As long as the zygoma doesn’t become detached from the maxilla, this seems like a good way of pushing forward the maxilla, right? Most other ways of trying to push forward the maxilla just move the alveolar ridge and ruin teeth.

Posted : 25/09/2020 1:51 pm
vitas liked
Goblin_slayer

Haha I actually tried this recently and wondered why nobody else has talked about this then I see this thread , weird. Yeah I think it’s not a bad idea just don’t push too hard as it’s near the tmj, I ended up using too much force and had pain 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/09/2020 12:23 am
Loliboly
Estimable Member

How exactly would one execute this? Putting ones thumbs between the cheeks and teeth and push upwards towards the zygomatic bones?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2020 6:57 am
Mr_Man
Eminent Member

@loliboly

I'd imagine pushing up on the zygomatic arch from within the vestubular area (i.e. inside cheeks, like you said) would result in upward motion only.  I'd be curious if anyone is able to squeeze their fingers inside the arch from this area so as to get some forward force (and not purely upward).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2020 12:02 pm
Mr_Man
Eminent Member

Something else occurred to me; even if you could pull the zygomatic arches and maxilla forward, wouldn't the pterygoid junction at the posterior of the palatine process prevent forward traction?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2020 12:24 pm