Forum

Please Note: The Users of this site are not engaged in rendering professional advice or services to the individual reader. The ideas, procedures, and suggestions contained within this work are not intended as a substitute for examination by your medical practitioner.

Work a way out of a Deep bite situation  

RSS
LucaM
(@lucam)

Anything new about Deep bite devolpment?

I have Deep bite and cant figure the method to come out of this situation, i cant touch the front spot with the tip of my tounge without pulling my jaw forward, but then i Will only contact on my incisives.

Otherwise i have to put the tip of my tounge a little backward and not in the right spot in that way i Can soft-touch with my molars, but Will This make the bite deeper?

I also have a V-shaped palate, around the 37-38s om the back mollars but gettng more tight in the front, creepy situation xD

So im stuckt in a Deep bite, and as mew says the problem with Deep bite is coming OUT of that Deep bite, Yeah i realise, Any of realised a way to Work youself out of This?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/09/2018 3:08 am
Progress
(@progress)
Member Moderator

I have deep bite too. I have been alternating between molar contact and incisor contact throughout the years, but it's hard to say which one is more effective, if either. In any case, 6 mm increase in intermolar width has resulted in ~1 mm of reduction of deep bite, a rough estimate that is based on the amount of the interior side of upper incisors that can be palpated when biting with molars. It's not much, considering how many millimeters more it'd take to resolve the situation.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/09/2018 3:33 pm
EddieMoney
(@eddiemoney)
Reputable Member

Forget about the spot. It is overrated and there is no proof that the tongue being there does anything to move the maxilla. Focus on keeping your posterior 3rd tongue on the soft palate for best results. If you come close to the incisive papilla that is good enough. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/09/2018 6:43 pm
LucaM
(@lucam)
Posted by: Progress

I have deep bite too. I have been alternating between molar contact and incisor contact throughout the years, but it's hard to say which one is more effective, if either. In any case, 6 mm increase in intermolar width has resulted in ~1 mm of reduction of deep bite, a rough estimate that is based on the amount of the interior side of upper incisors that can be palpated when biting with molars. It's not much, considering how many millimeters more it'd take to resolve the situation.

How about your under teeths are they following your maxillas changes?

I have a lateral deviation too and with a scoliosis giving me alot of pain and problems i am planning a remodel of a splint i have for the under teeths, i cant mew without my mandible Falling back at the good central position from my lateral deviation, but my bite are absolutly off in that situation so i Will only contact on one side of the teeths.

By remodelling a splint and adjust the heights i can match the bite from the central mewing position, gonna figure out if i have to lift the bite to OUT of the Deep bite or just to center my bite, i dont want to cause more damage to my posture.

Any Guess if that would Work? I dont really have other options my bite wont match anyway in correct oral posture.and.the scoliosis are killing me, and i have a splint at home, xD

This post was modified 1 week  ago 2 times by LucaM
ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/09/2018 7:38 pm
Progress
(@progress)
Member Moderator

For fixing scoliosis - on which I would focus on first - it would be important to either artificially balance your bite or not keep teeth in contact. Keeping the jaws locked together when the occlusion is asymmetric will likely work against your efforts to fix scoliosis, since occlusion is used by the nervous system to automatically keep the skull in alignment with the spine (which of course will only work correctly when the dental arches are symmetric).

As for your question about my lower arch, yes, it seems to automatically follow the upper arch. Despite the several millimeters of expansion my occlusion feels unchanged: the teeth fit together mostly the same way they have always fit.

This post was modified 7 days  ago by Progress
ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/09/2018 1:33 pm
Ayla31
(@ayla31)

@LucaM, There are many people who have used the Alexander technique - which teaches to balance the skull on the spine by lengthening your torso and directing your head forward and up- to learn to manage/control scoliosis and other spinal imbalances.  Maybe you could look into that:

Here is a  link about the experience of Galen Cranz with the technique and other systems (she also mentions Rolfing and Body Mind Centering among other things):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZipLC9ii0I

Other links:

http://alexanderteacher.ie/blog/?p=88

Here is an excerpt of an excerpt:  

"Scoliosis and Alexander Technique

There is a chapter on Scoliosis in Deborah Caplan’s book, ‘Back Trouble’. She gives details of how the Alexander Technique can help and includes some case studies. Here is an excerpt;

‘If you have scoliosis, the Alexander Technique can teach you how to use your back in a way that keeps it strong and as well balanced as possible. The technique should be used as an addition to, not a replacement for, medical supervision and treatment…..Many adults have said to me, “Even though my X-rays remain the same, I can see my posture is getting worse, that my curve is becoming more noticeable than it was a few years ago.” To this I respond, “Let us work for a while with the Alexander Technique. It will help you identify and eliminate postural habits that are making your back look less symmetrical.” Because the shoulder girdle, rib cage  and muscles and ligaments of the torso are flexible, a person’s postural appearance can, indeed, change – for better or worse – while the degree of lateral curvature of the spine remains the same.’ "

https://medium.com/@_cynar/alexander-technique-for-scoliosis-3f55d04b99a4

http://www.nyposturepolice.com/lindsays-story/

If it's not easy for you to reach a teacher in your area or you find it very expensive, you could look for a chiropractor instead (in case you haven't done it yet).

Swimming seems to be very good for pain relief too.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/09/2018 2:55 pm
LucaM
(@lucam)

Thanks for the Anders 

@progress When i do proper tounge posture my mandible Will fall in place but the bite wont, i dont know if its a.muscle question due to a weaker side not allowing the bite to clench proprely?

Should i Even try to look for a solution to my scoliosis in mewing? I know the teeths and mouth are the root of my postural problems but if IT isnt approaced in the right way IT could make the whole situation worse, i feel Better mewing and i surely feel some spine movement in doing so, i just Hoped that teeths and bite would follow the progress in time?

Does mewing Even consider bite imbalances?

@ayla31 thanks i will look into that, if possible trying to find a therapist where i live ( in Danmark). Btw Will scoliosis treathment influence my mewing and viceversa? I have mewing, proper diet and daily excercises in my routine for Now, i Never seeked a chiropractor for the fear of compromosing my oral devolpment in some way.

This post was modified 6 days  ago by LucaM
ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/09/2018 6:08 am
LucaM
(@lucam)

@progress 

Maybe should i just start to mee with soft touching teeths for the expanding so i allow the bite to follow the centering progress?

I Think the key is in the right force balances between teeths tounge and lips.

I have recessed jew and that might cause my Deep bite because my chin are frontal developed, what do You know about correct lips position/ pressure? Mike mew says that a recessed jew are caused my the lips.

This post was modified 6 days  ago 2 times by LucaM
ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/09/2018 9:12 am
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register