Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Woke up feeling suicidal.  

RSS
Fred
 Fred
Estimable Member

These braces are screwing up my mentality on life. This world is run by looks. And as an young boy my main goals are to succeed academical, make memories, and preserve what little I have of looks. My mandible is already disintegrating and my maxilla is dropping down giving my eye area a tired and preyish look. 

I love affection, but sadly I'll be missing out on that because at some point I will be desperate for maintaining eye contact for longer than 2 seconds. 

I hate the entirety of my face and head. And it's only gonna get worse. I recieve therapy and I want to share these thoughts along with my opinions on braces. This is extremely unfair, why must I get kicked and stomped when I'm on the ground. I want to convince my therapist that there is a problem and how it will affect my mental health, my airway will be damaged and thus cause depression and sleeping problems. I guess I'll be living isolated for the rest of my insignificant, trash life. 

Make me feel better about myself.

Posted : 22/06/2019 7:43 am
Wellwellwell

So your parents gave you braces even though you don't want them?

Just trying to understand 🙂

- Started soft mewing on 12 Feb 2019. Have not seen any real results or changes.
- Starting IMW: 35 mm
- Current IMW: 35 mm

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/06/2019 7:54 am
Arkey

Stop putting so much emphasis on your face.

If your face is what you imagine will be the solution to all your problems, sorry mate, but you're sorely mistaken. If you were handsome (which you might be) you would just find something else to be upset about.

You can get braces and fix your face after. They might even fix your teeth and make mewing easier in the future.

But if all you're focused on is your face, you will definitely be unhappy.

Work out, and improve yourself in other areas. Sort the rest of your life out and like yourself for more valuable things than your appearance. Cause if all you see in a person is their face, you're living in a very sad world. All this mewing stuff should only ever be a complimentary pastime - this will not fulfil you.

- Mewing for 6+ months
- IMW: 35mm (no expansion)
- Sleep on the floor without a pillow
- Tape mouth at night
- Continue to emphasise chin-tuck/occipital drive for extended periods
- Chew Mastic Tears for 1 hour every other day

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/06/2019 8:37 am
Slinky liked
gubbbb

Fred I can guarantee you 100% that you probably look fine. Like everyone else who posts on this forum freaking out about asymmetry or whatever  but they all look fine. You just have to take a step back and think logically. You're going to be fine man just because you're not a super model doesn't mean you're unattractive. Here's the number for the suicide hotline 1-800-273-8255 if you're feeling overwhelmed 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/06/2019 8:49 am
Fred
 Fred
Estimable Member

I don't think I'm gonna go through suicide anytime in the future, they were thoughts of me becoming ostracized in the future because of a flat long face and I love socializing so that was an unbearable thought. I have already gone through this and it just keeps reoccurring, because life always gives you a new problem to screw with your head. It's cruel, a kid got braces when he was 10 and he's now 12 and has a very recessed maxilla and it makes him look like Neil deGrasse Tyson. I swear I want to find the nearest pair of pliers and rip my braces out and I know that will cause immense pain. People say I look like my brother and that [Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated] with me every single time, I'm not sure if they're not taking more details into consideration. I just have to accept physical attractiveness will not be my thing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/06/2019 10:05 am
Kyte
 Kyte
Estimable Member

@fred

Don't let your face making your mind ugly and viceversa

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/06/2019 10:31 am
brianfnpillman

At least you can afford braces. My teeth are so crooked that I came to the brink of suicide. I can't live like a normal human being because of my overly recessed chin and teeth. Seriously, I don't think I will ever have a normal life unless I get fixed these two features.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/06/2019 11:00 am
Freddie
Eminent Member

Is your face long ? Could I see pictures of your case. (In dm) I’d love to help 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/06/2019 11:17 am
Fred
 Fred
Estimable Member

I'm ridiculous, suicide is so selfish and unwanted nobody wants to think what they could've done something different to stop a death. Never let your appearance be the deciding factor of how your will turn out. I had an amazing principal with abnormal eruptions and majorly crooked teeth and he had 5 daughters, he can play 9+ instruments and he traveled the world playing music. I feel embarrassed bringing this up.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/06/2019 11:32 am
Kyte liked
ITZY_BITZY

I'm so ugly lol but I'm fine living. Why don't u take them out??? How old are you?????

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/06/2019 10:17 pm