Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Wisdom teeth eruption(and wisdoms in general)

Iamsad69

I am a 15 year old and I know for mewing for about a year and a half. I made a slight progress, I am still trying to find the way it needs to be done and to get answers on a lot of questions. I was looking for certain things about mewing on the Internet (reddit etc) and answers are really shallow and redundant. This forum seems the best place to discuss about mewing.

So I just wanted to start a discussion about wisdoms and to express their importance. I noticed that aligned grown wisdoms signal that your maxilla is ideally placed. Mewing progress should be tracked with analysing dental arch and wisdoms, not by taking the profile photos(taking pictures of facial profile is prone to cheating)

Since I was younger I knew I wasn't attractive as some of my peers but I never understood whats the reason behind it.One day I noticed one interesting thing while I was talking to people I found attractive. I found the pattern which said that people with forward grown faces have 32 teeth. I myself have 28 exposed teeth with wisdoms erupting(which means my maxilla is recessed to a certain degree) so I found out what separates me from "the attractive".

In my 1.5 year journey I've only like 2 days of wisdom teeth erupting sensation. I wish I could know what specifically caused it. Feeling the wisdoms erupt is what is mewing all about(what I live for currently) and one of the signs that you are getting progress. I've tried alot of things unsuccessfully and as time passes by I get more depressed. Knowing the truth and not being able to change it is indeed painful. I hope that people who were able to get their wisdoms erupting by mewing will share their experience with us. What specifically you did in order to achieve the change?Is there anything that we neglect too much? Any experience is helpful and litterally can change life direction of some people(seems silly but indeed true) since people are rubbish and judge everything by looks. I cannot express how much anything you know about this is helpful for me and possibly thousands of people. 

Topic starter Posted : 14/01/2021 9:29 pm
MewingChannel

Having fully erupted and aligned wisdom teeth definitely adds to the forward growth and therefore the aesthetic appeal of the face.

It may be a while till wisdom teeth come in. I'm 20 years old and they didn't start erupting till about a year ago. (I'm a late bloomer as well so no surprise there.) And to accommodate the growth of my wisdom teeth, I had to practice thumb pulling as no other mewing technique worked to alleviate the pain.

I do recall reading somewhere (sorry, I don't recall the source  😐 ), that it is possible for the jaws to be recessed to the point where wisdom teeth won't develop. On another note, I am aware of people who have had there wisdom teeth removed and still look attractive. This YouTuber is an example.

If I were you, 15 and already been mewing for a year and a half (high five dude!), I would emphasize engaging the lower third of the tongue and a proper swallowing pattern. You're still young and most likely have a good bit of growing to do, which is a HUGE advantage. You'll be able to make gains faster than most of us "older" guys.

Hope this helps!

-John

"If you're not mewing then what are you doing?"

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/01/2021 3:53 pm
Iamsad69

Thank you for the reply, the thing is that wisdoms grow up when you are 12 or 13, so it means they I got them fully grown (and I am sure of that), but they aren't exposed because of maxillary recession. I won't stop until I reach my goal, but I hope there is somebody who can help because I started doubting my abilities because of very little progress I got but much effort I put in those 1.5 years.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/01/2021 1:41 pm
CrimsonChin
Eminent Member

Unless it's just money hungry surgeons, you would have to wonder why so many attractive people still get their wisdom teeth extracted. Justin Bieber got his taken out in 2015, despite arguably having one of the best looking faces ever. There are a lot of YouTubers who get theirs out, despite being in the top 5% of appearance - I'm not a teenage girl, so the Dolan Twins are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head; their faces are extremely forward, which makes unerupted wisdom teeth sound very unlikely.

Also, if they can get these teeth out and seemingly not suffer any loss to aesthetics, you would have to wonder if it matters. Claiming Power (a website) had an article about Justin not being as good looking as a few years prior, but he had Invisalign, which would probably do way more recessing. I talked to my dentist last week and he said that taking out wisdom teeth wouldn't do anything as far as ruining your appearance, especially when they're not fully erupted.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/01/2021 4:23 pm
Iamsad69

You are missing the point. Extracting your wisdoms wont make you instantaneously ugly(or ugly at all). You dont have to currently have wisdoms, but if you had them before you took your teeth out, it means you were good looking and probably you are still good looking. Possessing wisdoms is an indicator of good face and if you take them out your maxilla wont magically recess.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/01/2021 5:57 pm
CrimsonChin
Eminent Member
Posted by: @ratcuspetichus

Possessing wisdoms is an indicator of good face

You're referring to attractive people having them fully erupted, right? Regarding them erupting at all I was probably 18 when they started trying to come in, so I wouldn't be that concerned with that now. Plenty of people in these types of forums didn't want to take their wisdom teeth out because they thought the bone loss would lead to lack of facial support, so it's a reasonable concern.

I am not sure how much of the teeth come through for everyone else, since it's usually just referred to as "impacted" without any further classification - my top ones are probably 90% out and the bottoms are a little more than half, but I barely knew they were there for years, so they're constantly getting infected and look terrible. It's more than likely these issues only affect recessed faces, but my point was wondering why attractive people who don't need to get them out do so anyways.

You are in a better position than most people on this forum due to being young, so you have a fair amount of time to correct the lack of space.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/01/2021 5:22 am
MewingChannel
Posted by: @crimsonchin

Unless it's just money hungry surgeons, you would have to wonder why so many attractive people still get their wisdom teeth extracted. Justin Bieber got his taken out in 2015, despite arguably having one of the best looking faces ever. There are a lot of YouTubers who get theirs out, despite being in the top 5% of appearance - I'm not a teenage girl, so the Dolan Twins are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head; their faces are extremely forward, which makes unerupted wisdom teeth sound very unlikely.

Also, if they can get these teeth out and seemingly not suffer any loss to aesthetics, you would have to wonder if it matters. Claiming Power (a website) had an article about Justin not being as good looking as a few years prior, but he had Invisalign, which would probably do way more recessing. I talked to my dentist last week and he said that taking out wisdom teeth wouldn't do anything as far as ruining your appearance, especially when they're not fully erupted.

Ooh! Claiming Power is one of my favorites! 😀 And I know that article!

On another note, I'm glad you mentioned Invisalign: In Dr. John Mew's Lecture Part 13, he specifically mentions,

"Recently positioners such as Invisaline and Smile Direct have become popular, mainly because they are less work and therefore less expense. They usually align the teeth in class 1 cases very nicely as you can see, but are not so easy for class II or III cases. Frequently they lengthen the face, because the patient starts to swallow with their tongue between their teeth as can be seen here. Some cases lose lateral control while others Tip, Roll or Yaw. All these problems are difficult for orthodontics to control, although fairly easy for an Orthotropist."

So I would say your theory about Justin and Invisalign is correct. 👍 

Also, in regards to "...if they can get these teeth out and seemingly not suffer any loss to aesthetics," check out page 17 of this PDF and read figure IV/46. So long as you keep good oral posture, there shouldn't be any loss in aesthetics. 🙂 

-John

"If you're not mewing then what are you doing?"

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/02/2021 7:17 pm
Azrael
Estimable Member

I started mewing (hard) a year ago and one of the first two results (during the first week) was complete wisdom tooth eruption.

It doesn't contribute that significantly to appearance, imo. Still, it could also be because I am lacking four premolars.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/02/2021 11:48 pm