Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Will I get my palate expander?  

RSS
UwU
 UwU

So, I've ordered a palate expander from bracesshop about two weeks ago, and they should start the production soon. Is it possible that they won't start it now and wait until the coronavirus is over? 

I know that it's not the most important thing rn, but still I want to know what to expect.

Posted : 15/03/2020 3:26 pm
Topic Tags
Elwynn
Estimable Member

I think they're still operational despite corona virus. It can take a long time to receive the expander, though, so at least be prepared to wait a good while.

24 years old

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/03/2020 8:48 pm
UwU
 UwU
Posted by: @elwynn

It can take a long time to receive the expander, though, so at least be prepared to wait a good while.

You mean extra time other than what I would have to wait normally?

Thanks for replying!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/03/2020 8:22 am
Elwynn
Estimable Member

@uwu

You mean extra time other than what I would have to wait normally?

Maybe, maybe not. I think it takes around a 2 months at the earliest to receive your appliance from the time you send your impressions (one month to, one month fro), but I've been waiting longer, because of various problems. For example, my first teeth impressions didn't arrive in China at all. When I made new ones, I sent them through an alternative route that BracesShop provided me with (through email) to make sure that they'd be delivered the second time, and shipment through this route has been taking quite a while (fortunately, though I've received a notification that my appliance has been produced and shipped out). It's possible that coronavirus is slowing down shipment, but who knows. Others haven't had the problems that I did, so maybe I've just been unlucky. Maybe you'll get your device on time, but accept the contingency that it might be delayed.

Is it important that you receive the expander on time, or are you just looking forward to using it?

24 years old

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/03/2020 10:17 am
UwU
 UwU

@elwynn

It is somewhat important, because I wanted to expand my palate before I get braces and I only get insurance for braces if I start them before I'm 18. I don't know what to do now, but I am not going into the city until the coronavirus is over, that's for sure.

I've already shipped the impressions tho, but they're stuck in customs.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/03/2020 2:45 pm
Elwynn
Estimable Member

Update: I just received the package now.

24 years old

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/03/2020 2:58 pm
UwU
 UwU

@elwynn

That's great! Keep us updated!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/03/2020 6:02 pm
Pajomas
Posted by: @uwu

So, I've ordered a palate expander from bracesshop about two weeks ago, and they should start the production soon. Is it possible that they won't start it now and wait until the coronavirus is over? 

I know that it's not the most important thing rn, but still I want to know what to expect.

I ordered mine on January 15th... so 2 months ago. I should be recieving it soon. I'm just hoping they don't delay the process cause I've been waiting so long for it and I just wanna expand my palate fast lol.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/03/2020 6:16 pm
Elwynn
Estimable Member

@pajomas

Don't go into this with a hot-headed mindset; be patient. The speed with which you expand is crucial, as I understand, so make sure to research it. "Semi-rapid" expansion is the best strategy, I think.

24 years old

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/03/2020 12:27 pm
Pajomas liked
Pajomas

Just received my package... however when I opened it, I noticed it was someone elses order and not mine... just emailed them but damn it I just want my expander lol. I better not have to wait another month or whatever.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/03/2020 3:31 pm
UwU
 UwU

@pajomas

Ugh that must have been really annoying, I'm sorry  :/

@Elwynn

Semi-rapid is 1 turn/day?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/03/2020 5:29 pm