Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

will a expander for the upper jaw also over time expand the lower jaw  

RSS
mewisit

i really need to know because my orthodontist reccomended that i dont get a palatal expander for my upper jaw because my lower jaw is not going to match my upper jaw causing an impalance too my occlusion. I am really confused and frustrated.

Posted : 22/06/2020 5:44 pm
Thomas22
Trusted Member

If you’re concerned, get both an upper and lower expander. 

I haven’t been able to wear my lower in some time due to fit issues, but I’ve continued to use and expand my upper appliance. 

My lower jaw has expanded somewhat to match it, or, at least, it’s moved forward. Either way my bite is actually better now than it was three months ago. Despite the fact I’m using just one device right now. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/06/2020 8:59 pm
UwU liked
mewisit

Thank you thats actually quite helpful. i was thinking that i should get the mse appliance because nearly half of the mewing community thinks its a good idea to get the mse appliance because its the most helpful and in addition to that i will also get a lower jaw appliance.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/06/2020 11:14 am
Thomas22
Trusted Member
Posted by: @mewisit

Thank you thats actually quite helpful. i was thinking that i should get the mse appliance because nearly half of the mewing community thinks its a good idea to get the mse appliance because its the most helpful and in addition to that i will also get a lower jaw appliance.

Getting both MSE and some sort of appliance strikes me as a bad idea. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/06/2020 1:29 pm
mewisit
Posted by: @thomas22
Posted by: @mewisit

Getting both MSE and some sort of appliance strikes me as a bad idea. 

How come

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/06/2020 3:12 pm
Efficacy

@mewisit This is unnecessary. Naturally, there is nothing like an expander that is used to grow the lower jaw. The lower jaw keeps up with expansion through occlusal forces. If you keep you teeth together and chew enough, because the body wants to maintain a good bite, the lower jaw will expand to fit the upper jaw.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/06/2020 3:58 pm
Elwynn liked
NotfunnyDidntlaugh

@thomas22

so you stopped wearing the upper arch expander and afterwards you started using lower?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/07/2020 6:21 am
Thomas22
Trusted Member
Posted by: @notfunnydidntlaugh

@thomas22

so you stopped wearing the upper arch expander and afterwards you started using lower?

No

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/07/2020 11:29 am
mewisit

@thomas22 do you use the dna appliance

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/07/2020 3:39 pm
Thomas22
Trusted Member
ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2020 12:19 pm