Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Wil widening the dental archs/maxilla widen the skull?

FutureModel
Trusted Member

If you widen your maxilla via palate expanders, will that widen your skull? Also, palate expanders will show your sexy cheekbones and your jawline if you expand wide enough right? Like 40mm-50mm?

Topic starter Posted : 22/09/2018 5:53 pm
Couda
Eminent Member

The face will look wider when the maxilla is rotated up. Palate expanders wont do that, they will make it easier to mew and bring eye support forward.
It is only the tongue and chin tuck that will rotate the maxilla up.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/09/2018 6:32 am
Slinky liked
EddieMoney
Reputable Member
Posted by: Couda

The face will look wider when the maxilla is rotated up. Palate expanders wont do that, they will make it easier to mew and bring eye support forward.
It is only the tongue and chin tuck that will rotate the maxilla up.

Not true. It is attached to the cheekbones so expansion will push them laterally. I have had this effect myself 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/09/2018 3:00 pm
Rockyp33
Reputable Member

Yeah my ex girlfriend had an expander but probably bad tongue posture and she had very wide cheekbones but not super good forward growth

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/09/2018 10:26 pm
therose

In my experience, no. I've had ALFs for two years. Good expansion (28 mm to ~38 mm last I measured) and nothing else has visibly moved besides my arches. I'm 35 though, could be different for someone younger. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/09/2018 10:41 am
Rockyp33
Reputable Member

i think it has to be accompanied with some upward movement too

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/09/2018 5:21 pm