Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Wide and V-shaped palate?  

RSS
UwU
 UwU

The back of my palate is really wide or at least wider than average (it barely fits into the size 1 tray, used for taking dental impressions) but the whole palate is v-shaped.

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? And can a removable palate expander help, which mainly expands the front of the dental arch?

Posted : 14/02/2020 1:48 pm
LACHRIS

I have the same thing, I focused so much on the back palate that its hard for me to suction where the maxilla really is. Gained no results and actually got worse. So now I’m fixing it by mewing evenly but with mode force on the ridge and roof of mouth to upswing my chin because that’s where the downward growth is.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/02/2020 4:39 pm
Sergio-OMS
Trusted Member
Posted by: @uwu

The back of my palate is really wide or at least wider than average (it barely fits into the size 1 tray, used for taking dental impressions) but the whole palate is v-shaped.

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? And can a removable palate expander help, which mainly expands the front of the dental arch?

Can you post some photographs?

What’s your age?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/02/2020 1:13 am
UwU
 UwU

@sergio-oms

Photo of my dental impressions/smile:

As you can see a lot of my teeth show when I smile, but my intermolar width is only 29mm. Do you think that getting a palate expander would be good for me? I am 16 years old, 17 soon.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/02/2020 8:25 am
gewgerg

my palate is somewhat V shaped at 43imw it's kind of a half V half U with about 4 mm of room for expansion on each side of the first molar

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/02/2020 10:38 am
Oatmeal
Trusted Member

That's not your inter-molar width. You measured the distance between your premolars.

Measure between here instead.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/02/2020 9:43 am
mr.mewing
Estimable Member

do you have fixed upper retainers? 

i have the same problem because the first 5 teeth are wired but the rest not

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/02/2020 10:46 am
UwU
 UwU

@oatmeal

It's 39 mm there. So maybe it's not that narrow then?

@mr.mewing

No I don't. I think my teeth were already like that before I started mewing

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/02/2020 6:19 pm