Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Why is the right tongue position so hard to find?  

RSS
CrimsonChin

My main methods to try and find "the spot" are the wide smile and saying "ng" and that rarely does it. I've been pretty militant for the past month plus in regards to making sure I'm exerting pressure every waking minute, yet finding the right spot seems to come at pure random. The correct position is very obvious when I feel it due to the massive mid-face pressure, but when I lose it, I can't seem to find it again. I don't believe I have an abnormal palate or anything that would affect me from doing it right. I also spend a few hours a day against a Gokhale postural pad to completely straighten my neck while I do it, though finding the right spot has come when sitting on the couch or laying in bed, so that doesn't really seem to affect it. Has anyone found a way to achieve this rather consistently?

Posted : 25/06/2020 3:06 am
bu20
 bu20

yes, its hard in the beggining when the correct tongue posture is not an habit. my tip is to swallow smiling, this way the tongue lays in its right position, its even better to do this while chin tucking. btw, be sure that you are swallowing correctly, not jutting your tongue forward on your teeth.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/07/2020 6:50 pm
Loliboly
Estimable Member

I would direct you to this thread: https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/the-12-ways-to-mew-a-comprehensive-collection-of-different-techniques/ There I tried my best to map out what techniques resulted in different sensations in my skull. I have no idea if you will experience the same, however. If you do try them out, please let me know what them makes you feel. It would be very interesting if we got similar sensations from the same techniques.

It is otherwise worth noting that sensations doesn’t necessarily indicate changes to the skull. Helmutsrebl is a perfect example of this.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/07/2020 8:58 pm
Loliboly
Estimable Member

By the way, are you asking for advice regarding how to induce sensations or how to engage the posterior third properly?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/07/2020 9:00 pm