Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Why does Mew put the change slowdown at age 25?  

RSS
xeuronholder
(@xeuronholder)

Is it because 25 is generally when we start ageing and physical decline? 

Posted : 17/02/2019 6:25 pm
Abdulrahman
(@abdulrahman)
Reputable Member
Posted by: xeuronholder

Is it because 25 is generally when we start ageing and physical decline? 

Yes, the body recovers much slower at that age. Muscles become allot stiffer and posture becomes allot harder to correct. But really bone growth stops at 20, so that's probably the important age.

my story: http://www.aljabri.com/blog/my-story/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/02/2019 11:23 am
oatmeal
(@oatmeal)
Eminent Member

wait, bones stop growin at 20?

guess ima lucky guy cause i started febuary of this year at 15

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/03/2019 7:48 pm
tumbandjumb
(@tumbandjumb)

I just wanted to note that I started mewing at 24 and I'm gonna be 26 soon and there's still drastic change since before I started mewing. I think people just need much more persistent effort (which I've had).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/03/2019 10:14 pm
PaperBag
(@paperbag)
Trusted Member
Posted by: tumbandjumb

I just wanted to note that I started mewing at 24 and I'm gonna be 26 soon and there's still drastic change since before I started mewing. I think people just need much more persistent effort (which I've had).

What's your IMW? I've been mewing, or at least trying to since I was 22. Now 25 and no results, possibly due to a high arched palate/torus. Also, some people seem to start out when already looking decent, so they're more likely to have an alright starting point and results are going to easily stack on top of each other.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/03/2019 12:19 am
Freddie
(@freddie)
Posted by: PaperBag
Posted by: tumbandjumb

What's your IMW? I've been mewing, or at least trying to since I was 22. Now 25 and no results, possibly due to a high arched palate/torus. Also, some people seem to start out when already looking decent, so they're more likely to have an alright starting point and results are going to easily stack on top of each other.

Maybe that you just doing it wrong

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/03/2019 3:23 pm
PaperBag
(@paperbag)
Trusted Member

I can't exactly deny that, since I don't know if I can't just physically can't do it or even more practice would finally make it click. I've done just about every exercise to make it work, and no progress ever happens. High arched palates are commonly listed here as if they're a no-go for getting any changes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/03/2019 1:14 am
tumbandjumb
(@tumbandjumb)

No idea what my IMW is, but my tongue used to not fit on the rough of my mouth and i couldn't breath through nose initially. I posted a thread when I first started for some more info. But now my tongue can fit on the roof and my entire palate/mouth area feels way different. I think form follows function and if you have proper function the form will follow naturally. It's nonstop effort though initially, you have to remind yourself almost every moment to do it and its uncomfortable and tiring, I just kept pushing through it and I'm definitely improving through time, and I would say dramatically. My face honestly doesn't bother me anymore and I haven't needed my asthma inhaler in almost a year!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/03/2019 9:58 pm
mr.mewing
(@mr-mewing)
Trusted Member

i have a narrow arched palate aswell and i see results  i can fit my tongue just normal at the palate maybe you have a tognue tie or something only thing that is hard to fit the whole tongue in the palate because they push against my molars intermolar width of 32mm

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/03/2019 5:13 am
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register