Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Who here mews without any retainers whatsoever OR has a fixed retainer and mews?  

RSS
HappyPanda27

If any of you had misaligned/crowded teeth or an overbite/underbite and had braces to correct this issue, and you discovered mewing afterward, did any of you ditch retainers all together and mew and had any results AND did not have your teeth relapse to their original crowded or misaligned position? Or do most here just have a fixed retainer behind their front and bottom 4 teeth for safe measure and mew? I want to gauge where most people on this forum are in terms of their view on retainers and/or if people just risk mewing without any type of retainer at all and do not end up with crooked or misaligned teeth again. Any input or your experiences with this would be greatly appreciated as I am thinking of either ditching any type of retainers forever and just focusing on mewing with the hope of not relapsing back to crooked teeth OR just having a fixed retainer behind my top and bottom teeth and then just mew. Your experiences and/or suggestions in regards to this would be appreciated. Thank you

This topic was modified 6 days ago 2 times by HappyPanda27
Posted : 09/10/2019 12:36 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member
Posted by: @happypanda27

If any of you had misaligned/crowded teeth or an overbite/underbite and has braces to correct this issue, and you discovered mewing afterward, did any of you ditch retainers all together and mew and had any results AND did not have your teeth relapse to their original crowded or misaligned position? Or do most here just have a fixed retainer behind their front and bottom 4 teeth for safe measure and mew? I want to gauge where most people on this Reddit are in terms of their view on retainers and/or if people just risk mewing without any type of retainer at all and do not end up with crooked or misaligned teeth again. Any input or your experiences with this would be greatly appreciated as I am thinking of either ditching any type of retainers forever and just focusing on mewing with the hope of not relapsing back to crooked teeth OR just having a fixed retainer behind my top and bottom teeth and then just mew. Your experiences and/or suggestions in regards to this would be appreciated. Thank you

Don't waste your time with a device that maintains the position of an unideal palate. If your palate is narrow it will keep it narrow. I started like 36mm and took off my retainer and never looked back. Believe it or not the retainer effects are still seen in how all but my molars tip inwards. But at least my palate expanded since my retainer doesn't fit anymore. 

You really don't need a retainer. They are unnatural and promote nothing that a tongue can't do. Ideally if your tongue is covering your palate well the teeth shouldn't crowd at all. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/10/2019 1:36 pm
HappyPanda27

@eddiemoney

Alright, fair enough, and what are your thoughts on MSE and Facemask for example? Have you heard of this appliance? It's supposed to promote really good forward facial growth as well.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/10/2019 4:28 pm
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Please Login or Register