Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

White tongue

SoulGaming2

White coating on tongue that won't go away. Could this be due to mewing? I started 3 months ago. 

Topic starter Posted : 30/08/2019 3:10 am
darkindigo
Reputable Member

Dry mouth > yeast infection?  Dr. Mew doesn't appreciate the nasal space.  He thinks it's a good idea to push up into it for some crazy reason.  This can cause mouth breathing, because there isn't enough room for air.  Mouth breathing can cause dry mouth which can cause a yeast infection... (thrush).  Pull your maxilla back down with your tongue the best you can.  Get to a doctor.  Sorry!  Tell Dr. Mew he is hurting you.  He doesn't seem to care, though, because he's on a war of ideology.  I'm on a war of beauty.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/08/2019 2:39 pm
elevee
Trusted Member

No, a coating on the tongue is usually a bacterial overgrowth. Get yourself one of those bendy tongue scrapers that looks like a crosscut saw, use it morning and night, and cut back on yeasty, gluteny, bready foods. If you have halitosis or sour body odor the diet change would also affect those things too.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/09/2019 10:51 am
EddieMoney
Reputable Member
Posted by: @elevee

No, a coating on the tongue is usually a bacterial overgrowth. Get yourself one of those bendy tongue scrapers that looks like a crosscut saw, use it morning and night, and cut back on yeasty, gluteny, bready foods. If you have halitosis or sour body odor the diet change would also affect those things too.

I used to have a white tongue and simply cleaning it got rid of that. I still eat grains and have no problem.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/09/2019 11:29 am
elevee
Trusted Member

@eddiemoney, yes, it would depend a lot on your individual body. If you're a person with a mild gluten intolerance, no amount of scraping would really slow down that white tongue and associated symptoms, but you might not be intolerant enough to figure out what was causing the problem.

My son always had white tongue, bad breath, and cradle cap despite constant cleaning, but we didn't figure out that it was caused by wheat intolerance until it became a really serious trigger for his teenage acne.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/09/2019 1:42 pm
printfactory
Eminent Member

There can be multiple reasons, some harmless some not. I´d advise to go see a doctor. I had/have that issue as well and mine is probably caused by some reflux from the gut. My doctor told me not to scrape the tongue because he said that will only give short term relief but make it worse long-term.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/09/2019 4:43 pm