Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

which side to treat with ncr?  

RSS
kees234

the left side of my face is more recessed, and less wide, while the right side of my face is less recessed and wider but also vertically longer, almost like the right side has more mass. so my question is, which side do i treat the most with ncr, the right or the left. I believe that inflating the balloon on one side pushes the sphenoid back on that side? so if i were to treat the right side more would that mean that the sphenoid is pushed back there and rotates so my left side will come forward more? maybe  my understanding of this is completely wrong idk.

any help would be greatly appriciated.

Posted : 13/01/2021 1:48 pm
Apollo
Reputable Member

My asymmetry is similar to yours. My left side is canted higher and more recessed. My right side looks better and has a more prominent cheekbone. When I perform self endonasal balloon inflation, I typically inflate through both nostrils. Once the balloon/finger cot expands past the choana into the nasopharynx, it should fill that whole chamber, so it shouldn't really matter which nostril you access through in terms of pressing against the sphenoid. I think professional ncr somehow claims to evaluate your body to decide which nostril to treat. I do both for good measure. Sometimes one nostril can be congested and it's easier to just treat the open nostril, but if you can get it through, it might be better to treat the consistently narrower nasal passage to help open up the airway.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/01/2021 8:26 pm
auxiliary
Estimable Member

It sounds very interesting, never knew there were 6 nasal passages. Hope you update us after doing NCR on what it did for you. The effects sound similar to face-pulling, where instant breathing is observed, etc...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/01/2021 2:53 pm
kees234

Thx for the replies, yeah it's really difficult for me to get through the right side of my nose which I assume is because of my deviated septum. So I will mostly do the left side then. Thanks

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/01/2021 5:20 pm
kees234

@auxiliarus yeah sure, I will try to update If I achieve results.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/01/2021 5:21 pm
Apollo
Reputable Member
Posted by: @kees234

Thx for the replies, yeah it's really difficult for me to get through the right side of my nose which I assume is because of my deviated septum. So I will mostly do the left side then. Thanks

My septum deviates to the left, so it is often more difficult for me to perform on the left, but it becomes easier to get through once you have a feel for how to do it. Also, the nasal conchae go through a cycle of congestion and decongestion, so sometimes it might be easier to pass the finger cot through your narrower side than others. You can close the opposite nostril with your finger and try to breath to get a sense for when you might have better luck. I guess there might be some benefit from treating the side your septum deviates toward to open up that passage.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/01/2021 8:39 pm