Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Which doctors do MSE after a patient has already gotten Double Jaw surgery?

MagnumOpus
Eminent Member

Is this possible? I would imagine there's many patients who already got DJS but now realize MSE would also help them even more. One MSE orthodontist I talked to said it would be "messy" to do MSE after DJS.

I know the "ideal" is to get MSE first.

-MO

Topic starter Posted : 01/08/2021 4:25 pm
eternally12
Eminent Member

Have you considered something less invasive like the DNA appliance or Homeoblock to try and expand before MSE?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/08/2021 2:02 am
Max_111

Why would you need it though after double jaw surgery. Double jaw surgery is the last resort when everything else doesn't work, so it should correct everything despite it being invasive.

I would not recommend it as you want to avoid scar tissue, and so having too much surgery could cause more issues than it solves. I'm sure you could find a dentist who'd be willing to do it though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/09/2021 9:32 am
Mr_Man
Eminent Member

I actually am in the situation in which I already had DJS (including segmentation to widen palate) but for whatever reason, although it's better, I still have a significant crossbite.  So I can see the desire to do something like the O.P. said.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/09/2021 2:29 pm