Forum

NOTICE:

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

where to suck saliva  

RSS
alfons3992
(@alfons3992)

Hello,

so I'm sorth of new to mewing and I already improved my posture by far. What I got/What i'm doing already:

-Have tounge up the roof of my mouth (not only the tip) for 90% of the day)

-sometimes struggle to keep teeth together but lips always closed. 

-wake up with tounge on roof but teeth slightly apart

-chew gum on both sides, right side a bit more duo to inbalance

-tounge chewing (rolling gum on my roof of my mouth to strenghten tounge muscles)

my questions: after having my tounge up the roof, there is a lot of saliva in my mouth but I don't really know how I should swallow it. Do I suck it with the back of my tounge from the front of my mouth to down the throat or do I use the front of the tounge to suck it out? Also what else can I do to improve my mewing? I don't really know what else I can do other than push swallowing and correct posture.

thanks for reading

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/12/2018 8:19 am
Fred
 Fred
(@fred)
Trusted Member

Are you aware of the tongue sweep? If not, look it up on this website. I can give you some advice. In order to tongue sweet you must, get the tip of your tongue down to the floor of the mouth as for as you can and you're gonna have to quickly drag your tongue from where it was to normal rest posture. You'll have to this quickly, as if it were instinctual. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/12/2018 12:56 pm
AlphaMinus
(@alphaminus)
Eminent Member

I suck backwards from the front of the tongue to the back, a sort of rolling vacuum motion which creates a wet sound of moving liquid. I do a few "sweeps" like this to gather the saliva at the back of the throat, then the throat muscle takes over. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/12/2018 1:54 pm
adcr
 adcr
(@adcr)

I was wondering about tongue stuff as well. For me to gather saliva my tongue makes the wave motion rapidly and a swallow begins to move up... idk about this 'tongue sweep' or how to do it but is what I'm doing correct?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/12/2018 3:22 pm
Fred
 Fred
(@fred)
Trusted Member

Please describe your process clearly. The way I do it is by bringing my tongue down to the floor of my mouth, dragging the tip of my tongue quickly until I reach the incisive papilla. I do use some suction, but it is a very minimal force. I use suction when I reach my incisive papilla. But remember, do what you have to do to gather that saliva.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/12/2018 4:25 pm
alfons3992
(@alfons3992)
Posted by: Fred

Please describe your process clearly. The way I do it is by bringing my tongue down to the floor of my mouth, dragging the tip of my tongue quickly until I reach the incisive papilla. I do use some suction, but it is a very minimal force. I use suction when I reach my incisive papilla. But remember, do what you have to do to gather that saliva.

I changed my movement a little. I now just put my tongue down, gather some saliva up there and push my tongue up in a quick movement. after that i push the saliva down the back of my tongue and try to put very little force into it. Feels more natural now. is the sucking bad at all?

This post was modified 2 days ago by alfons3992
ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/12/2018 6:41 pm
Fred
 Fred
(@fred)
Trusted Member

If it activates buccinator muscles. You can feel it with your fingers or the muscle moving. I just use the sucking for getting a little more saliva and to get as much of my tongue on the roof of the mouth.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/12/2018 7:06 pm
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register