Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Where to buy myobrace online?  

RSS
Le_Fort_or_Bust
Trusted Member
Where can one buy myobrace online?

I want to buy it to practice proper tongue posture better as I find problems doing it on my own. Is there such an option to order online?
My problem is keeping back of tongue tight to palate and keeping tongue up when sleeping.

30 yo, need to expand palate, move maxilla upward and forward, reduce gonial angle.

Posted : 26/09/2018 11:12 am
Apollo
Reputable Member

You can find the myobrace A1, A2, and A3 in both regular and large size from a few sellers on aliexpress. I have to say that I'm not totally sure it has helped my tongue posture. I guess the tongue tag is a good reminder to keep the tip of the tongue in position, but I was expecting the elevators to really push the middle of the tongue up against the palate and that hasn't happened for me. I'm confident it will help relieve crowding and might help with malocclusion, but I'm not sure that I would recommend it for tongue posture training alone. Also, be sure to order the right size. If your intermolar width is over about 40mm, the large might be too small for you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/09/2018 10:02 pm
Le_Fort_or_Bust
Trusted Member
Posted by: Apollo

You can find the myobrace A1, A2, and A3 in both regular and large size from a few sellers on aliexpress. I have to say that I'm not totally sure it has helped my tongue posture. I guess the tongue tag is a good reminder to keep the tip of the tongue in position, but I was expecting the elevators to really push the middle of the tongue up against the palate and that hasn't happened for me. I'm confident it will help relieve crowding and might help with malocclusion, but I'm not sure that I would recommend it for tongue posture training alone. Also, be sure to order the right size. If your intermolar width is over about 40mm, the large might be too small for you.

Can you link to reputable aliexpress merchant for these items? And how to determine which size I need from my intermolar witdth? At is 37 mm at first molars.

30 yo, need to expand palate, move maxilla upward and forward, reduce gonial angle.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/09/2018 9:42 am
DeepSquat

fwiw,

I started with a 37/38mm imw; I have purchased:

- authentic Myobrace Large p3 (for class 3)(from Alibaba)

- Dent-Care D3 Large (copy of Myobrace authentic A3)(from Alibaba)

- Azdent Trainer (1&2)(from Amazon)

IMO: the Azdent is by far the most comfortable , which allows me to wear it for longer periods of time. In addition, I can apply much more upwards force on my palate with this design. I workout 5x a week, and wear the Azdent 2 (clear one) during my lift and this forces me to nose-breath the entire time.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/09/2018 12:09 pm
Jawanomics
Eminent Member

What is your imw now?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/09/2018 1:05 pm
Apollo
Reputable Member
Posted by: Le_Fort_or_Bust

Can you link to reputable aliexpress merchant for these items? And how to determine which size I need from my intermolar witdth? At is 37 mm at first molars.

The sellers I have seen on aliexpress are NUODI Dental Appliace Store, ZZSMILE DENTAL Store, Orthodontic trainer Store, and Dentalsun Store. I can't vouch for their reliability, but I would just choose the best price. If your intermolar width is 37mm, I'd guess that you would want the large size, but I haven't tried the regular size so I can't say for certain. My intermolar width is around 40mm and I feel like the large size is slightly too small for me. You'll also have to decide which level of rigidity to order. I started with the A2 because I only had minimal crowding in my lower incisors. For the first week I couldn't sleep with it in through the night so I was making up hours during the day. Since then I've slept comfortably with it every night, and now I have ordered the A3 to fine tune my alignment. If you have more significant crowding, you might want to start with the A1.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/09/2018 4:34 pm