Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Where can i get a facemask to promote CounterClockwise rotation of the maxilla in conjunction with MSE?  

RSS
EzekielB
Title.
Im planning on getting MSE after quarentine and since i have an underbite and flat cheeks/retruded midface, i think i will benefit signicicantly from MSE. The problem is finding a facemask that accompanies MSE to get that optimal ccw rotation of the maxilla. Where can i find one of those for MSE?

And also would AGGA be a better option for my case? I can post side profile and pictures of me. 

Posted : 10/05/2020 10:00 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

If you have Class 3 alignment, you need to focus on your head posture and rotate clockwise. You have to essentially hyper-rotate clockwise followed by slowly lengthening the maxilla, which will help stabilize the rotation, giving slight CCW by lengthening the maxilla. Not necessarily pulling your molars down.

Agga and working on your posture is what you need. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/05/2020 2:46 am
EzekielB liked
EzekielB

@eddiemoney

can i send you a picture of my profile and teeth pictures and see what i should do?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/05/2020 9:04 am
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

@ezekielb sure

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/05/2020 2:24 pm
auxiliary
Estimable Member
Posted by: @eddiemoney

If you have Class 3 alignment, you need to focus on your head posture and rotate clockwise. You have to essentially hyper-rotate clockwise followed by slowly lengthening the maxilla, which will help stabilize the rotation, giving slight CCW by lengthening the maxilla. Not necessarily pulling your molars down.

Is there any evidence though of maxilla rotation? All I've seen in x-rays are always change in the shape and length of the lower maxilla, but the whole maxilla position is the same, the angle seems to change, but only because lower maxilla changes shape and comes upwards.

Not only that but if your maxilla actually rotated, there's no way your lower mandible would be able to form a perfect bite then, without changing the gonial angle and ramus length.

Specifically talking about this :

Upper maxilla is almost unchanged, angle and position is about the same, the whole lower maxilla changes shape though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/05/2020 9:31 am
EddieMoney
Reputable Member
Posted by: @auxiliarus

Is there any evidence though of maxilla rotation? All I've seen in x-rays are always change in the shape and length of the lower maxilla, but the whole maxilla position is the same, the angle seems to change, but only because lower maxilla changes shape and comes upwards.

Not only that but if your maxilla actually rotated, there's no way your lower mandible would be able to form a perfect bite then, without changing the gonial angle and ramus length.

Upper maxilla is almost unchanged, angle and position is about the same, the whole lower maxilla changes shape though.

My maxilla "rotation" came through proper head posture. As in, whenever you rotate the neurocranium the occlusal plane changes relative to the horizon. No actual bone is being remodeled, just held differently in space by muscles. 

It's not an actual rotation as they do they surgery. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/05/2020 2:34 pm
auxiliary
Estimable Member
Posted by: @auxiliarus

My maxilla "rotation" came through proper head posture. As in, whenever you rotate the neurocranium the occlusal plane changes relative to the horizon. No actual bone is being remodeled, just held differently in space by muscles. 

It's not an actual rotation as they do they surgery. 

How do you know what's proper angle of the head? My head is pretty long and there's a very straight part of it on the top, yet if I hold it parallel to the ground my ears are pointing upwards? In fact, even if I look straight ahead with my eyes at exactly the middle of my range of vision, my ears are still pointing upwards a lot.

I have same ears as her, they literally just don't align with my ramus. Is that sign of recession?

TBH my whole head is full of abnormalities like these, I have a long horizontal head and at the top as I said there's like a very straight part of it, I could literally put a ruler water level on top of it and if would be 90 degrees my head would actually be significantly tilting upwards and I'd be slightly looking downward. I can't post a picture though cause of Coronavirus, I got ugly azz long dora the explorer hair right now.

I found example of a mongoloid skull, it resembles mine a lot, I also come originally from a mongoloid country though.

Like it's literally impossible to have ears parallel without chin-tucking.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/05/2020 3:54 pm
EzekielB

@eddiemoney

here are the pictures of my profile

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/05/2020 2:09 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

Rotation of the maxilla won't affect much in your case. Your maxilla needs growth forward. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/05/2020 3:15 pm
EzekielB liked
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

And width

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/05/2020 3:23 pm
EzekielB liked
EzekielB

@eddiemoney

so basically i need MSE and AGGA