Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

What's the best method of maxillary expansion?  

RSS
aRandomMosesAppears
(@randommoses)

Hey there fam, 

I recently book an appointment to see an orthodontist (Sydney) for maxilla expansion. The lady on the phone told me their method involved surgically attaching the device to the maxilla to assist expansion along the suture. 

My question is, is this optimal? Can better results be achieved via another route? 

Citations preferred please.

Thanks for hearing me out. 

Posted : 11/02/2019 7:50 am
darkindigo
(@darkindigo)
Reputable Member

I would be super surprised for her to say that over the phone... however... they do that.  The receptionists love to share what they think.  Here' the thing...

My hands are sweaty and fingers all jolty.  I am sooo suprised by your location.  You have one of the BEST in the world in Sydney, Australia... Dr. Derek Mahony.  WOW.  I would ABSOLUTELY consult with him.  He is incredible.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/02/2019 10:54 am
aRandomMosesAppears
(@randommoses)

Haha, yeah she full went deep into it, 'sweety' this 'honey' that. 

Never heard of him, but I'ma check him out asap. How come you think so highly of him?

Thanks for the tip anyways!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/02/2019 2:56 am
darkindigo
(@darkindigo)
Reputable Member

LOL - Awesome.

He is brilliant on airway, aesthetics and OSA, etc.  He has a lot of YouTube videos.  He is known throughout the world for his work and training of other dentists.  Teaches a ton.  I dont know if you'd actually see him or not.  I know he has some students there... but he is the best.  I would go to him directly.  If it took a while to book, I'd be sure that he himself did your consult!

He's an orthodontist himself. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/02/2019 3:47 am
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register