Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

What would happen to an adult with good maxilla development if they stopped mewing?  

RSS
harrykanemaxilla
Eminent Member

If the adult starts mouth breathing all the time and eats soft food

Would their maxilla drop down and back like it does in childhood? 

If so how long would this take?

Posted : 30/05/2019 9:27 am
krollic
Estimable Member

mouthbreathing is *the* cardinal sin of mewing. it causes the jaw to swing down and back,  the teeth to stop being retained and aligned by the lips, the tongue to fall off the roof of the palate (in order to breathe) and the head to come forward in order to open the airway.

you would likely see many problems manifest instantly such as all that come with mouthbreathing and see actual craniofacial damage within months (even weeks on a very small scale) . I personally know of a man in his thirties who used to be handsome, got ill for an extended time and couldn't breathe through nose and become ugly over the course of a few months. he stayed ugly because he couldn't adjust back to nasal breathing. genuinely tragic. 

idk how long it would take for the damage to be really profound like you say (probably a few years) but I know for certain that the damage begins to accumulate immediately and consistently when you stop mewing 

i

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/05/2019 3:42 pm
JeanMacDougall
Eminent Member
Posted by: harrykanemaxilla

If the adult starts mouth breathing all the time and eats soft food

Would their maxilla drop down and back like it does in childhood? 

If so how long would this take?

i know people with so much forwards growth a dog would look recessed. and none of them have good oral posture. most likely nothing would happen and theyd slowly recess over the years. also know a middle aged full time mouth breather without a recessed chin. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/06/2019 6:51 pm
GreekGodBrody
Trusted Member

AstroSky did a Youtube video about Brad Pitt's presumed tongue posture. He determined that his tongue posture was actually not ideal, and that his maxilla / midface is not very forward grown, and that his lower third is great because he probable chewed a lot since young.

Dunno, I see people with good jaws who hunch their neck when they look at their phone.

My supposition is that once you earn it, it's pretty much yours for life. As long as you at least maintain nasal breathing and a decent posture

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2019 2:46 am
JeanMacDougall
Eminent Member
Posted by: GreekGodBrody

AstroSky did a Youtube video about Brad Pitt's presumed tongue posture. He determined that his tongue posture was actually not ideal, and that his maxilla / midface is not very forward grown, and that his lower third is great because he probable chewed a lot since young.

Dunno, I see people with good jaws who hunch their neck when they look at their phone.

My supposition is that once you earn it, it's pretty much yours for life. As long as you at least maintain nasal breathing and a decent posture

astro sky is mentally insane and should not be taken seriously.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2019 6:58 pm
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Please Login or Register