Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

what to expect from this and who should I see to get professional help  

RSS
churro

Hi all

I’m a 15 year old female who has recently discovered orthotropics a few months ago. I’ve been a mouth breather all my life and my buen structure is all kinds of messed up. My jaw (and face) is wider on one side (when I smile there is one more tooth visible on the wider side) and I have a recessed chin.

My questions are:

-Is it reasonable to expect proper oral and body posture alone to fix my recessed chin?

-If I’d like to get professional help for this, who do I go to? Like some kind of muscle therapist? Because I don’t think I’m doing this right and I’d like someone qualified to assess my situation IRL.

-I’ve recently had braces taken off and currently have permanent retainers (it’s a wire glued to my top 6 front teeth and a different wire glued to my bottom 6 front teeth). Will this affect my progress?

Posted : 22/05/2019 5:46 am
darkindigo
Reputable Member

Are you class 1 dentition for your bite?  Any photos to share?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/05/2019 5:06 pm
darkindigo
Reputable Member

Why not have the ortho fix the asymmetrical teeth?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/05/2019 5:07 pm
darkindigo
Reputable Member

Is the side of your face that’s wider also shorter?  Do you rest on one hand from laying on one side?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/05/2019 5:08 pm
darkindigo
Reputable Member

You really should get to the root of the issue with your nose.  Any chance for a CBCT?  There’s a short list of orthos that use it...but not sure if they include with consultation.  Some do.  Some don’t.  It may not be great to ask over the phone but just go in and try it?

Getting your turbinates looked at makes sense.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/05/2019 5:11 pm
darkindigo
Reputable Member

Your chin won’t want to advance if you are in class 1 dentition..however, you still have some growth of it left to remodel.  Most growth of the chin is gone, though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/05/2019 5:13 pm