The Great Work Community Chat
Only logged in users are allowed to enter the chat

Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

What is the proper tongue and jaw posture while being unable to reach the tip and front ridges?  

RSS
DerRoman

wear braces(brackets). Because my upper and lower front teeth are too close together when I'm biting, I wear a device (front tooth split, don't know the exact name) that hinders them meeting (so that I don' bite off the brackets). Because of that I can't reach the tip and front ridges with my tongue. 
Also non of my theeth can touch each other. The only pressure i can apply is with the front theeth via the 'device'.

-My jaw is good in lenght but too small in width espacially in the front (probably the reason that caused crooked teeth).
-I have all my teeth (including wisdom).
-20 years old.

Now, what is the proper tongue and jaw position in this case?

I read this:   https://the-great-work.org/common-tongue-posture-mewing-problems-and-solutions/...  
does this apply to my case too? The article states that if you lack side to side distance you should "fold your tongue to keep it resting along the Alveolar Ridge and Mid-Palate Ridge" does this also apply to this case?

Secondary questions: 
-Is it even possible to maintain a  proper tongue posture long-term since I can't support the tongue by closing the jaw?

Posted : 19/09/2018 3:01 am
Rockyp33
Reputable Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcI8CvoFxfQ

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/09/2018 2:00 am
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Please Login or Register