Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

What gum to use for tongue chewing?  

RSS
sinned
Estimable Member

I feel like mastiha is too hard, but I don't want to chew gum with all the additives and sugar. Any suggestions?

Posted : 07/02/2019 1:43 am
haesslicherspast

Hi, I just registered so I'm new to this forum but I have been mewing (or, for the most time, at least trying to do so) for almost a year. 

I'd suggest using normal (soft) chewing gum. Tongue chewing is way harder than regular chewing so you won't need - and probably also not be able to tongue chew - hard gum like mastiha. The small sugar content isn't gonna kill you but if you really wanna avoid it I would use plain gum base. You can even make your own sugar-free chewing gum with it. Much better than regular sugar-free products as the artificial sweeteners in it are far more unhealthy than sugar. 

I hope I could help. Btw, as a newbie, how do I post something in this forum? I couldn't find out how. 

EDIT: I have found out how to post now. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/02/2019 1:58 pm
AlphaMinus
Estimable Member

No need for sugar in your gum. Most quality gums these days have xylitol, and that's actually good for your teeth. I chew Pur brand but there are others. You definitely want a relatively soft gum for tongue chewing. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/02/2019 2:19 pm