fbpx
Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

What does it mean to "place the whole tongue on the back of the palette"?

John Anderson

Hello.

I have always had a fascination with the potential results of mewing, but I never took the action to start. As the months passed I came to realize that I myself could improve my cranial facial appearance with mewing, but I had one drawback while researching. All the sources I encountered all seemed to say the same thing when relating to the correct position of the back of the tongue. They all seemed to similarly state "to place the whole root of the tongue on the back of the palette". This was very confusing to me and became frustrating when I could not find any visuals or resources that could clarify my misconception on where to properly place the tongue. Is the tongue meant to cover the whole hard palette and cover a slight area of the soft palate (when you say "Sinnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg" as some mewers have recommended) or is the tongue meant to cover the whole soft palate all the way to the uvula?

If possible, please help me to clarify cause I believe many others have this question as well.

Thank You. 

John Anderson

Topic starter Posted : 22/04/2019 2:03 pm
darkindigo
Reputable Member

I learned something cool today.  Tongue placement isn’t everything...swallowing is important.  The tongue placement that is desired is based on individual characteristics and goals.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/04/2019 11:30 pm
fousey
Eminent Member

An article in this web says that it should be just touching the more frontal part of the soft palate, nowhere near the uvula, I followed this statement since if get to touch the uvula my airway closes completely and I stop breathing, which is no good. If I were you I would go with that.

Yo

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/04/2019 11:25 am
Lowerjawgrowth

Every one of my family members that have good forward growth tell me that it’s just the tip of their tongue that is rested on their palate. I’m convinced that the tip resting on the incisive papilla with lip seal is what brings the mandible forward, and correct swallow allows the mandible to develop properly.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/06/2019 11:04 pm
Lowerjawgrowth
Posted by: darkindigo

I learned something cool today.  Tongue placement isn’t everything...swallowing is important.  The tongue placement that is desired is based on individual characteristics and goals.

See above 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/06/2019 11:05 pm
Kyte
 Kyte
Estimable Member

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/06/2019 3:07 am