Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

What does facepulling do, that the tongue can't? Does it affect the midface? How long, how often and what should I do exactly?  

RSS
Kolibri

I can't find a guide to it. Only that it can be done by belt, thumb or towel and that it can be dangerous like everything in this world. But nothing about it's effect. I don't want overbite.

I have a bit of monkey face, a roman bump on my nose and consequently a mid face that is dropped. Maybe it is because I can't produce as much force with the middle of my tongue as with it's front or back or root, it gets numb in the first 3 secs and even if I would tongue chew or practice: my palate is too steep there for my inflexible tongue to fit on it. Something like this:

The arrow is where I should push? D:

What is the shape of your palate?

This topic was modified 2 weeks ago by Kolibri
Posted : 09/09/2019 1:40 pm
auff
 auff

follow

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/09/2019 3:24 pm
mateogon

I think thumb pulling is nice because you can apply more force than the tongue, loosening the sutures and then maintaining the changes with normal tongue mewing. In your picture, Is the arrow pointing closer to your teeth or to the back of the palate?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/09/2019 10:35 pm
mscottxy

unless you're 'facepulling' more hours than you're not, don't bother. Any changes you make (and that's a dubious claim) will just move back overnight or when you're not 'pulling'. Sorry, but correct growth is a one time deal. You need to wear plates (I did) or perhaps mew obsessively if you think you're still growing (I'm not saying this will work, only that it hasn't been outright disproven). 

https://reversedental.wordpress.com/photos-year-3/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/09/2019 1:30 am
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Please Login or Register