Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

What do you think of his maxilla projection?  

RSS
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

Brody Jenner seems to have a good maxillary angle. While it doesn't look too counterclockwise rotated, it does look like his occlusal plane would be horizontal in profile. I feel this allows his mandible to project well as it doesn't seem particularly robust on its own

Pic:

Posted : 13/06/2018 12:37 am
Abdulrahman
Reputable Member

The angulation of his front teeth seems normal but the incisors seem to bee sticking far out of the gum line, is that normal?

my story: http://www.aljabri.com/blog/my-story/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2018 2:32 am
EddieMoney
Reputable Member
Posted by: Abdulrahman

The angulation of his front teeth seems normal but the incisors seem to bee sticking far out of the gum line, is that normal?

I don't see anything abnormal about his dentition to be honest. I kind of wish my incisors were out as far as his honestly since I know it would allow mandibular projection. Lots of people with good mandible projection have incisors that stick out like his I notice.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2018 9:12 am
Couda
Eminent Member

His teeth are projected but not his maxilla. Im speculating that he was raised on a soft food diet so when his tongue grew, the teeth moved through the bone like butter. If he had chew harder food, the teeth would be more stuck to the maxilla and bring it forward. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2018 4:20 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

@Couda why do you say his maxilla isn't forward? He has a good occlusal plane and the angle of his maxilla is more counterclockwise than clockwise.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2018 5:53 pm
Apollo
Reputable Member

His forward projection looks pretty good to me, but he has slightly more gingival display than is typical for a man, suggesting the vertical height of his maxilla might be a little long.

Related image

Related image 

Related image

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2018 6:44 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member
Posted by: Apollo

His forward projection looks pretty good to me, but he has slightly more gingival display than is typical for a man, suggesting the vertical height of his maxilla might be a little long.

Related image

Related image 

Related image

His gingival display is more to the back though which IMO implies his maxilla is tilted up 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2018 6:52 pm
Apollo
Reputable Member
Posted by: EddieMoney

His gingival display is more to the back though which IMO implies his maxilla is tilted up 
Yeah, that's how mine is. When I smile, my gums are visible in the back, but my lips cover more than 1/4 of my upper incisors.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2018 7:40 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

Yeah, that's how mine is. When I smile, my gums are visible in the back, but my lips cover more than 1/4 of my upper incisors.

What type of CFD would you classify yourself as having? Doesn't seem like you have a mouthbreather's maxilla

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2018 8:43 pm
Apollo
Reputable Member

What type of CFD would you classify yourself as having? Doesn't seem like you have a mouthbreather's maxilla

I think part of my problem is that conventional braces flattened my smile arc, intruding my incisors. Besides that, I don't think I have much of an issue with vertical maxillary excess. My maxilla is just recessed back and needs to move forward more than up. I also had a pretty narrow palate at around 34mm, and significant facial asymmetries including an occlusal cant with a deviated dental midline and nose bridge. I'm not sure what kind of classification you would use to describe this craniofacial dystrophy.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2018 8:52 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

I think part of my problem is that conventional braces flattened my smile arc, intruding my incisors. Besides that, I don't think I have much of an issue with vertical maxillary excess. My maxilla is just recessed back and needs to move forward more than up. I also had a pretty narrow palate at around 34mm, and significant facial asymmetries including an occlusal cant with a deviated dental midline and nose bridge. I'm not sure what kind of classification you would use to describe this craniofacial dystrophy.

What is your mew indicator line measure?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2018 8:57 pm
Apollo
Reputable Member

I just tried to measure and it looks to be about 43mm, but this isn't something I keep track of because I always struggle to decide what is the most anterior point on the tip of my nose.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2018 9:10 pm
Keengo
Trusted Member

Seems normal/ideal. Compact-ish midface with decent maxillary width and really good FWHR. 

You don't really need extreme forward growth to look good. With him it boils down to a wide and not so long midface region, which is ideal. The long-ish midface is bad because your nose is often longer too and vertical maxillary growth means narrower zygos and low FWHR. Compactness > projection and narrowness basically.

He wouldn't really look any better with more projection since he has the ideal midface region to start with.

** The face pulling "bag method" -- https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/face-pulling/#post-3902 **

** Keengo Chin Tuck method w/force (WIP)-- https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/chin-tuck-with-added-force-chin-tuck-2-0-new-theory-inside/ **

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2018 9:21 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

I just tried to measure and it looks to be about 43mm, but this isn't something I keep track of because I always struggle to decide what is the most anterior point on the tip of my nose.

I just go to where the ruler hits my nose honestly. Whichever millimeter reading hits the nose first is my indicator line measure. I have 44 from this method rather than trying to figure out an imaginary point that may always change based on perception.

Something tells me Jenner has a measurement in the low 40s to high 30s based on his incisor projection. I know if my incisors projected more to their pre braces projection my mandible could at least look strong. Oh well. The consequences of a treatment that shouldn't even exist. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2018 11:27 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member
Posted by: Keengo

Seems normal/ideal. Compact-ish midface with decent maxillary width and really good FWHR. 

You don't really need extreme forward growth to look good. With him it boils down to a wide and not so long midface region, which is ideal. The long-ish midface is bad because your nose is often longer too and vertical maxillary growth means narrower zygos and low FWHR. Compactness > projection and narrowness basically.

He wouldn't really look any better with more projection since he has the ideal midface region to start with.

Yeah I think his maxilla is the reason his midface has the compactness. Because if his maxilla was downward grown he would have a long face but he absolutely does not. 

His palate width also looks good. Definitely one that looks like in the 42mm + range. 

His lower third projects well because of this I imagine.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/06/2018 11:44 pm
Couda
Eminent Member

@Couda why do you say his maxilla isn't forward? He has a good occlusal plane and the angle of his maxilla is more counterclockwise than clockwise.

Just look at how his teeth are projecting, one can see that the flared teeth are vulnerable to punches.
If they are vulnerable, his maxilla isn't ideal. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/06/2018 10:57 am
EddieMoney
Reputable Member
Posted by: Couda

Just look at how his teeth are projecting, one can see that the flared teeth are vulnerable to punches.

Do you have examples of good maxillary projection where teeth aren't flaring? Also not sure his teeth are flaring a ton tbh. From profile his lips don't have a bimax style projection

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/06/2018 11:16 am
Couda
Eminent Member

Do you have examples of good maxillary projection where teeth aren't flaring? Also not sure his teeth are flaring a ton tbh. From profile his lips don't have a bimax style projection

I think ideal is when the lips are protruding past the teeth.

Hugh jackman  https://flic.kr/p/8fyCrd

Megan fox

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/06/2018 12:24 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

Put Hugh Jackman smiling in the Frankfurt plane and I guarantee his incisors project more than Jenner. People also smile differently and that has to be considered. Some may spread their cheeks more which can cause the incisors to seem more ahead.

Also from looking at my own smile, my lips are ahead of my incisors by more than a bit. But that is because my maxilla is downward grown. So it makes sense that my lips would be ahead of my incisors. Still have CFD

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/06/2018 3:56 pm
Couda
Eminent Member

@EddieMoney 
I have dental alveolar protrusion like Brody. I feel its because the front of my upper palate has collapsed downwards and that is true because the tongue have most of the time not supported that area.

If i do a true big natural smile my teeth will look like Brody's and i hate it. That is a sign of maxillary deficit, not bimaxillary protrusion like orthodontists would have called it. My front teeth also lack 2 mm gum cover. 

Your maxilla is probably more well developed than mine is, in the sense that all your teeth fit without protrusion. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/06/2018 6:57 am
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

@EddieMoney 
I have dental alveolar protrusion like Brody. I feel its because the front of my upper palate has collapsed downwards and that is true because the tongue have most of the time not supported that area.

If i do a true big natural smile my teeth will look like Brody's and i hate it. That is a sign of maxillary deficit, not bimaxillary protrusion like orthodontists would have called it. My front teeth also lack 2 mm gum cover. 

Your maxilla is probably more well developed than mine is, in the sense that all your teeth fit without protrusion. 

Nah ortho retroclined my incisors. Mine used to stick out like yours too. Regardless I don't think he has that and the angle of the photo makes it look that way

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/06/2018 12:51 pm