fbpx
Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

What changes in adulthood that slows/eliminates the possibility of forward growth? And what can we do to turn back the clock?

JimmyB
(@jimmyb)
10+ Forum Posts

Is it all hormone driven (I'm assuming it is) or is there something else going on? I know varbrah has taken measures to emulate the hormone profile of adolescent while he's using the MSE, to improve bone remodeling.

As someone who is unsure if he'll ever be considered for MSE, due to no signs of malocclusion, but with a recessed skeletal structure, I'm interested in taking whatever I can to facilitate bone remodeling. Hopefully by exercising proper tongue and body posture in conjunction with some type of hormone or peptide, I can achieve some type of modest results.

Any help in this area would be appreciate, thanks!

Topic starter Posted : 15/11/2018 5:39 am
FutureModel
(@futuremodel)
100+ Forum Posts

I have no idea, I have not looked into it but I think it's because of hormones. I think if we all can conclude that the reason kids grow is because they have lots of growth hormones going through them, and if adults can inject as much growth hormones as a kid would have than adults will get the same quicker results as a growing kid would have. It's entirely possible.

But, I have no idea because I have not looked into it lol so don't take my word for it.

But yeah, if it's just hormones making them grow then go ahead, boost your b***s off with the growth hormone and grow the face of a model lol

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/11/2018 6:39 am
ani3000
(@ani3000)
50+ Forum Posts

For me it was extraction/retraction braces as a child...since then my face went downhill 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/11/2018 7:15 am
Nomis
(@nomis)
10+ Forum Posts
Posted by: ani3000

For me it was extraction/retraction braces as a child...since then my face went downhill 

Exactly, same here.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/11/2018 2:15 pm
Tienermoeder
(@tienermoeder)
10+ Forum Posts

If you start taking growth hormone it  will target your other organs too and possibly mess up their function, so I would advise staying away from taking in synthetic GH.

if you want to get them, get them through you own body's mechanisms by properly stimulating the production of it by ensuring force on the bones and proper nutrition. Working out large muscles like legs, back will increase your testosteron for a moment in that timeframe, you can switch to smaller muscles like biceps etc. You will get more testosteron flowing inducing more growth hormone, i feel because of the position of the pinuary gland protected by the spenoid bone if you were to put force on it upward that you'd active more growth hormone, because that spot models the skull, since it's connected to almost all the bones in the skull. So it's like one of the more important part to be modelable to adapt to the harsh environment of life. And it's still evolving all this time, our skulls keep changing because as humans our body starts to see that it needs to use the brain to survive, this has alwas been our thing as a species, evolving the brain until the complexity that it can think about itself.

It's because of drastic lifestyle changes in a short amount of time that our bodies are weakening, we've become spoiled in other words.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/11/2018 6:32 pm
wardellstephencurry
(@wardellstephencurry)
10+ Forum Posts

Mike Mew stated that when we started to shift from a hard, tough diet to a soft diet (right around the medieval period) malocclusion skyrocketed. Nutrition wasn't the problem as the softer diet was higher in calories and the environment wasn't too much at fault as technology wasn't nearly as advanced as it is now. Therefore, we now know that when one eats a soft diet their maxilla/sphenoid bone isn't getting the same stimulation/shortening effect that one gets through a tougher diet.

Hard mewing and tough chewing are ways one can shape the face and thus alter it's function to better stimulate the pituitary gland to release it's hormones. This constant flux of shortening the face through hard mewing (ie. Babies suckling on a mother's breast for example)/ tough chewing (hard foods, raw meat, non-nutritive use, etc) and later growth of the skull results in someone with wide, compact face with a sphenoid bone that moves a lot better and can thus better stimulate the pituitary gland. That's right, facial bones move! Every biological system in nature is predicated on movement and your face is part of that equation.

Taking exogenous GH is not a long term solution because you are not addressing the root of the problem and thus you would be needing higher amounts each year for the same effect if tongue posture and chewing are not addressed.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/11/2018 9:49 pm
Progress
(@progress)
500+ Forum Posts
Posted by: wardellstephencurry

Mike Mew stated that when we started to shift from a hard, tough diet to a soft diet (right around the medieval period) malocclusion skyrocketed. Nutrition wasn't the problem as the softer diet was higher in calories and the environment wasn't too much at fault as technology wasn't nearly as advanced as it is now. Therefore, we now know that when one eats a soft diet their maxilla/sphenoid bone isn't getting the same stimulation/shortening effect that one gets through a tougher diet.

Hard mewing and tough chewing are ways one can shape the face and thus alter it's function to better stimulate the pituitary gland to release it's hormones. This constant flux of shortening the face through hard mewing (ie. Babies suckling on a mother's breast for example)/ tough chewing (hard foods, raw meat, non-nutritive use, etc) and later growth of the skull results in someone with wide, compact face with a sphenoid bone that moves a lot better and can thus better stimulate the pituitary gland. That's right, facial bones move! Every biological system in nature is predicated on movement and your face is part of that equation.

Taking exogenous GH is not a long term solution because you are not addressing the root of the problem and thus you would be needing higher amounts each year for the same effect if tongue posture and chewing are not addressed.

I wonder how much of the gradual decline in GH that is commonly attributed to aging is due to cranial recession decreasing pituitary function.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/11/2018 12:21 am
wardellstephencurry
(@wardellstephencurry)
10+ Forum Posts
Posted by: Progress
Posted by: wardellstephencurry

I wonder how much of the gradual decline in GH that is commonly attributed to aging is due to cranial recession decreasing pituitary function.

It's everything.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/11/2018 1:23 am
tgw
 tgw
(@tgw)
10+ Forum Posts

the massive drop in growth hormone levels

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/11/2018 11:44 am
Pame
 Pame
(@pame)
100+ Forum Posts

@ben Mind sharing your jaw strengthening routine?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/11/2018 2:52 pm
wardellstephencurry
(@wardellstephencurry)
10+ Forum Posts
Posted by: tgw

the massive drop in growth hormone levels

The skyrocketing increase in malocclusion after the medieval period is a sign that individuals were not producing adequate levels of growth hormone, plain and simple. This trend of declining growth hormone production, of course, will continue as we age unless we get to the root cause.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/11/2018 8:34 am
Looks Journey
(@looksjourney)

@ben what do you mean when you said that  you resumed  with proper posture while chewing?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/11/2018 9:23 am
Looks Journey
(@looksjourney)

@ben thanks! I will checkout the links you provided. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/11/2018 12:56 pm
Silver
(@silver)
100+ Forum Posts

@ben

Why is it important to strengthen the outer U like that? Aren't the changes from mewing due to the difference between the force of the tongue and the masticatory muscles, which would mean that you need to be able to just keep your teeth together while still exerting tongue force? I don't understand how equally strengthening both sides of the antagonistic muscle pair would make a difference.

Were you just typing quickly when you said you can tell that your zygomatic bone became denser? How could you tell?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2018 11:48 pm
Silver
(@silver)
100+ Forum Posts
Posted by: ben

I'm absolutely certain the density of my zygomata have increased since I began. When studying myself in the mirror from a 3/4 view, I can now discern a recognizable angularity to my face. My outer canthal tilt has increased as well, due to the newfound support from the zygomata. Others have also noted a slight—yet distinct—highlight-shadow pattern of the cheeks, which is also due to buccinator atrophy. Reference the photograph below:

As I mentioned earlier, I can feel this change in the shower when washing my face. My cheekbones feel "sturdier", if that makes any sense.

It totally makes sense and is completely consistent with others' accounts. Isn't that just the bone moving up and forward into its ideal position though? Do you think your cheekbones themselves have actually gotten bigger? I'm guessing you mean bigger, and not more dense, unless the mechanism by which bones grow bigger also necessarily makes them more dense.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/11/2018 11:46 pm

THE GREAT WORK