Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

What causes this type of jaw/how to achieve it?

Spade
Eminent Member

Hey everyone. I've been wondering what exactly causes this kind of jaw. The type of jaw in particular some may call a "bicylce seat face", it appears to have prominent masseter muscles and a long, slim, tapering, almost "scooped-in" chin. Some celebrity examples I have include Pete Davidson, Timothee Chalamet, and Shawn Mendes.

If it's worth noting, both Pete Davidson and Shawn Mendes had braces when they were younger. Shawn Mendes was also a mouth breather when he was younger and I occasionally see Pete Davidson mouth breathing. I'm seriously considering mouth breathing right now to achieve this kind of jaw as I am still a teenager with braces lol. I also thought that mewing causes a wider, more square jaw as opposed to these narrow, angular jaws.

Anyways, if someone can help me that would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Topic starter Posted : 25/11/2018 3:14 pm
Spade
Eminent Member

Another Example;

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/11/2018 3:18 pm
AlphaMinus
Estimable Member
High gonial angle? 
ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/11/2018 4:55 pm
Spade liked
tgw
 tgw

Those are the masseter muscles

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/11/2018 6:30 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

Wide face = wide ramus. These faces don't have this but rather masseters development + narrow ramus

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/11/2018 6:41 pm
Spade liked
Spade
Eminent Member

Is there a way I can develop this as my face is still growing? Any habits to take up? Because my face was becoming angular at the beginning of the year but I started mewing and chewing Falim gum in April and May and it made my face more wide and square.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/11/2018 7:58 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

Lose bodyfat + don't chew too much. Mewing widens the palate enough to where any excessive chewing will make your face too blocky

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/11/2018 8:17 pm
Spade
Eminent Member

Something I noticed is that I clench my jaw sometime in my sleep and when I wake up sometimes, my face is kind of blocky. If I leave my jaw open a little bit (my lips still closed) during the day, the blockiness goes down. Instead of having my teeth completely closed all of the time, should I leave my teeth open a little bit to get a more narrow face? And if I shouldn't chew, how do I get good masseter development like these guys?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/11/2018 9:01 pm
Rockyp33
Reputable Member

sounds you might grind your teeth in your sleep i used ot do that until i heard about mewing which cured it so keep working

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/11/2018 9:24 pm
Spade
Eminent Member

I actually don't grind my teeth, I used to when I was younger and it was extremely loud where people in the house can hear, but they say I don't anymore. I just clench my jaw in my sleep, which I also want to stop doing.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/11/2018 9:59 pm
Spade
Eminent Member

So Jawzrsize is a no-no. That is true, a lot of people I see promoting Jawzrsize have these "bicycle seat" jaws that I want to achieve lmao. But you're saying biting into whole fruits like apples and peaches is a safer approach to this. I also might get my braces off soon since my teeth were literally so good before people are always asking why I got them in the first place lol. I mainly just got them to bring my set-back jaw forward with the elastic rubber bands, which is working. That's the only thing I'm concerned about taking my braces off, because from my understanding there's not much else you can do to bring a set-back jaw forward other than surgery, right?

Do you think chewing gum with your front teeth might also help achieve this kind of jaw somehow?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/11/2018 10:33 pm
Spade
Eminent Member

Thank you so much for all your help man. But what did you mean by "Try just chewing your food up in the forward part for a similar effect."?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/11/2018 11:10 pm
Spade
Eminent Member

Thank you so much for all your help man. But what did you mean by "Try just chewing your food up in the forward part for a similar effect."?

This is me btw, probably should have sent this way earlier lmao.

I do realize that my nose is a little large and my chin is short (was shorter before braces believe it or not lmao)

And excuse the gross mustache haven't got around to shaving the thing

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/11/2018 11:41 pm
Spade
Eminent Member

Few more pictures

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/11/2018 11:48 pm
Spade
Eminent Member

Few more pictures

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/11/2018 11:50 pm
Spade
Eminent Member

I like your suggestions. I mainly alternate the sides I sleep on anyway, however the past 3 days I've been trying to sleep on my back with 2 pillows under my head to try and get rid of my dark circles, didn't help. The only way my dark circles improve is if I oversleep like 12 or more hours. But what did you mean when you said this?; "Try just chewing your food up in the forward part for a similar effect. Honestly, I think it makes pointy chins because there's a 1 inch thing keeping your bit open."

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/11/2018 12:25 am
Spade
Eminent Member

So to recap. You want me to continue with my braces treatment, don't leave my mouth open when wearing rubber bands, don't sleep on back, don't eat soft foods, right? The thing I'm lost on is the chewing. The way I chew is just closing my teeth completely each time I bite down. And you seem to be overlooking a question I had. I want you to elaborate on what you said earlier "Try just chewing your food up in the forward part for a similar effect. Honestly, I think it makes pointy chins because there's a 1 inch thing keeping your bit open." How do you want me to chew?

Btw I don't leave my mouth open when sleeping, I've asked people that have seen me sleeping and they said I don't. Also a way to tell your mouth is open when sleeping is to check if your mouth is dry when you wake up, my mouth is never dry when I wake up.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/11/2018 1:37 am
Spade
Eminent Member

Hello?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/11/2018 2:52 pm
Spade
Eminent Member

Can you answer my question please? Lol

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/11/2018 5:49 pm