Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

What Causes this Type of Jaw/How to Achieve it?

Spade
Eminent Member

*Sorry if this is your 3rd time seeing this thread. I privated the first one and accidentally posted the second one under Case Discussions*

Hey everyone. I've been wondering what exactly causes this kind of jaw. The type of jaw in particular some may call a "bicylce seat face", it appears to have prominent masseter muscles and a long, slim, tapering, almost "scooped-in" chin. Some celebrity examples I have include Pete Davidson, Timothee Chalamet, and Shawn Mendes.
If it's worth noting, both Pete Davidson and Shawn Mendes had braces when they were younger. Shawn Mendes was also a mouth breather when he was younger and I occasionally see Pete Davidson mouth breathing. I'm seriously considering mouth breathing right now to achieve this kind of jaw as I am still a teenager with braces lol.
Anyways, if someone can help me that would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Topic starter Posted : 27/11/2018 8:59 pm
Spade
Eminent Member

Example:

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/11/2018 9:01 pm
Spade
Eminent Member

Example: 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/11/2018 9:02 pm
Spade
Eminent Member

Also, doesn't mewing promote wider, more square jaws as opposed to these narrow, angular jaws?

Just take a look at one of the Orthotropic practitioners.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/11/2018 9:03 pm
tgw
 tgw

Those are the masseter muscles

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/11/2018 10:22 pm