NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

What are some realistic expectations from mewing ?  

RSS
childishcis

Short term ? Long Term ? 

Will you achieve your "full potention " or look like you re supposed to if you mew for 10+ years ?

Will mewing drastically improve your face or the changes are only minor ?

Posted : 22/11/2019 3:30 pm
Kyte
 Kyte
Estimable Member

Hi, in my opinion ~yes, but keep in mind that your "full genetic potentitial" could not be what you are expecting

I expect to experience realistic improvements in 5-6 years.

Read the answer I received

https://the-great-work.org/community/case-discussions/if-i-ever-had-perfect-posture-i-would-look-awesomegif/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/11/2019 6:15 am
Roflcopters
Trusted Member

Mewing is real and will work but it's very slow, definitely a long term thing.. (im talking about regular mewing not pushing ur tongue hard and sht)

I'd say 2mm a year based on absolutely nothing other thn my experience and results so far. Maybe more or less depending on how narrow your palate is and if you have asymmetries.

Just save urself some time and go for an Homeoblock/Dna appliance. If you can't afford it go for a Schwartz. These usually expand at the rate of 1mm a month. Even if its 50/50 teeth tipping/bone modeling its worth it. You'll be able to maintain it with a removable retainer and by chewing.

i recently started wearing an orthopedic appliance and even tho ive only done like 1,5mm of expansion, its much much easier to mew and totally more effective then before. I can only imagine after im done expanding @9-11mm.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/11/2019 8:22 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

Mewing by itself? Probably next to useless or incredibly slow.

Mewing combined with better facial muscle control (including masseters, medial pterygoid, orbicularis oris, and countless other facial muscles), body posture fine tuning, and developing a sense for how muscles move bone in the body? This is where it gets good and results are more likely to occur. I looked at my driver's license taken at 19 vs mine now at 33 and this face looks way more full of life and balance. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/11/2019 10:14 pm