Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Ways to increase interpupillary distance?  

RSS
aureliusacolyte

Hi everyone,

I've noticed recently through my own research that IP distance is super important in determining the strength of facial aesthetics and that, certainly in some cases, IP distance or just eye distance in general can completely make or break a good face.

I've also found from my own reading that myofunctional therapy can actually increase IP distance (I will drop a picture which illustrates this if required), and Mike Mew has even suggested that there is a relationship between jaw strength and IP distance (again, happy to link the video but won't do it unless someone necessitates it). Even heard suggestions that palatial expansion can cause this??

Regardless, even if those solutions are completely pseudoscientific, there are certainly ways to make it appear as though your IP distance is wider than it actually is, so I'd be happy to hear those as well

Does anyone have any experiencing their IP distance, either purely in the way it is perceived or through actually changing their IP distance?

For reference, mine is roughly 60mm give or take about a mm each way. From what I understand, optimal is about 65mm

Thanks in advance.

Posted : 08/09/2020 12:04 pm
chiefkeefsosa

You already know the answer.  There's nothing you can do.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/09/2020 1:53 pm
aureliusacolyte

@chiefkeefsosa ouch

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/09/2020 2:03 pm
auxiliary
Estimable Member

Mike is right, teeth clench on the incisors, the zygomandibularis specifically is a muscle that connects from the middle of the orbital bone to the upper anterior ramus. Also any kinds of upwards force that shortens the face will make the eyes wider.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/09/2020 6:08 pm