Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

[Closed] Warmth making bone more plastic?  

RSS
auxiliary7
Eminent Member

Hey, I've recently read that some part of bone is made of collagen, I know from biology class that collagen is way more plastic at human body temperature than at ambient temperature. Could warming the maxilla up potentially speed up the process of it's movement? 

I'll try it either way and report here. 

Abstract :

"The deformation characteristics of compact bone have been measured as a function of temperature in the range from −58 to 90°C. At temperatures below 25°C elastic, anelastic and plastic contributions to the strain could be distinguished. The Young's modulus increased as the temperature was reduced, while the nonelastic component was approximately independent of temperature. An interpretation of these results is made in terms of an idealised hydroxyapatite-collagen composite. At temperatures higher than 50°C the deformation was compounded by non-equilibrium recovery and an irreversible change in the structure of bone."

Also on another topic as far as I know bones are piezoelectric, pushing against the maxilla will make it thicker and thus will slow the movement down. Warmth reduces the piezoelectric effect of bones, perhaps that could make it more susceptible to movement in the long-term. 

Posted : 16/10/2018 7:25 am
Halti.H
Posted by: auxiliary7

Hey, I've recently read that some part of bone is made of collagen, I know from biology class that collagen is way more plastic at human body temperature than at ambient temperature. Could warming the maxilla up potentially speed up the process of it's movement? 

I'll try it either way and report here. 

Abstract :

"The deformation characteristics of compact bone have been measured as a function of temperature in the range from −58 to 90°C. At temperatures below 25°C elastic, anelastic and plastic contributions to the strain could be distinguished. The Young's modulus increased as the temperature was reduced, while the nonelastic component was approximately independent of temperature. An interpretation of these results is made in terms of an idealised hydroxyapatite-collagen composite. At temperatures higher than 50°C the deformation was compounded by non-equilibrium recovery and an irreversible change in the structure of bone."

Also on another topic as far as I know bones are piezoelectric, pushing against the maxilla will make it thicker and thus will slow the movement down. Warmth reduces the piezoelectric effect of bones, perhaps that could make it more susceptible to movement in the long-term. 

Interesting idea, how were you planning to warm up the maxilla? Personally I go into a sauna every other day, which might be a good way to heat the bone up for a short time.

Also do you mean that the more you push your maxilla with your tongue the thicker the bone gets and thus it gets harder to move the maxilla upwards? Then why have so many people gotten such great results from hard mewing?

Posted : 16/10/2018 7:58 am
gubbbbb
Eminent Member

chewing seems like the easiest/most natural way to increase the temperature of the maxilla

Posted : 16/10/2018 4:22 pm
varbrah
Estimable Member

Your body regulates temperature pretty well, so not sure if the temporary 1-2 degrees max you’ll be able to raise your body temperature will have all that much of an effect here.

inb4 thread on inducing fevers to speed up bone remodeling

inb4 thread on microwaving the maxilla to speed up bone remodeling

inb4 forum-wide dinitrophenol distribution operation

Posted : 16/10/2018 5:35 pm
Halti.H
Posted by: varbrah

Your body regulates temperature pretty well, so not sure if the temporary 1-2 degrees max you’ll be able to raise your body temperature will have all that much of an effect here.

@varbrah Hey man, this is an unrelated question but where do you get your MK-677 from? I'd really want to get it but I'm paranoid about getting fake stuff or in the worst case scenario getting stuff that has negative effects on my health.

I was about to order it from proven peptides because they seemed legitimate but then I read someones review on them who had gotten severe kidney pain from their product and ended up in the hospital. He claimed that they sold him poisoned prohormones. His estrogen levels shot up really high too.

I remember that you got good results from your MK-677, could you tell where you order it from? Would be a great help.

Posted : 17/10/2018 3:00 am
varbrah
Estimable Member
Posted by: Halti.H

@varbrah Hey man, this is an unrelated question but where do you get your MK-677 from? I'd really want to get it but I'm paranoid about getting fake stuff or in the worst case scenario getting stuff that has negative effects on my health.

I was about to order it from proven peptides because they seemed legitimate but then I read someones review on them who had gotten severe kidney pain from their product and ended up in the hospital. He claimed that they sold him poisoned prohormones. His estrogen levels shot up really high too.

I remember that you got good results from your MK-677, could you tell where you order it from? Would be a great help.

My source for mk is private and likes to stay that way so no can do.

Posted : 17/10/2018 9:29 am
auxiliary7
Eminent Member

You're talking about core temperature. The temperature of the body itself actually varies a lot, like your fingers could easily be 10 degrees Celsius. Your face temperature is usually colder than your core temperature as well. Also with simple warming it's possible to go above 36 degrees Celsius. Once again all the limitations you've provided only apply to core temperature, not the temperature of muscle/collage-nous structure and bone.

Posted : 17/10/2018 9:29 am
Couda liked
auxiliary7
Eminent Member

I'm sure the bone gets thicker if you push harder, I'm also sure if you hard mew you'll gain good results but eventually your speed of progress will slow down. I think warmth might speed it up. 

Posted : 17/10/2018 9:31 am
auxiliary7
Eminent Member
Posted by: gubbbbb

chewing seems like the easiest/most natural way to increase the temperature of the maxilla

You're probably right, chewing hard food makes me feel my whole musculature of my face burn. 

Posted : 17/10/2018 9:33 am
varbrah
Estimable Member

You're talking about core temperature. The temperature of the body itself actually varies a lot, like your fingers could easily be 10 degrees Celsius. Your face temperature is usually colder than your core temperature as well. Also with simple warming it's possible to go above 36 degrees Celsius. Once again all the limitations you've provided only apply to core temperature, not the temperature of muscle/collage-nous structure and bone.

The temperature of your skull is regulated especially well since that is where your brain is, lol. Ever taken your core temperature with a thermometer and then measured intraorally? They are about the same. 

Posted : 17/10/2018 9:46 am
Halti.H

@varbrah I read on another thread that you told someone else who asked this to pm you? But okay, I'd just want to find out a reliable source, which seems like an impossible task. 

Posted : 17/10/2018 1:31 pm
auxiliary7
Eminent Member

The temperature of your skull is regulated especially well since that is where your brain is, lol. Ever taken your core temperature with a thermometer and then measured intraorally? They are about the same. 

The temperature of your brain is well-regulated, not your skull. Look at thermal pictures of humans, Most of maxilla is way colder, only around the nose and mouth is it at a few degrees less than core temperature. Not only that but the head actually is one of the most important ways your body cools off, so the surface of the head and face is actually always colder than core temperature. There's almost not a single place on your body that is at core temperature and at the surface. Also with warming you can warm your face up to 40-50 Celsius quite easily, so it's not just an argument of getting it to core temperature. If you've ever went to a sauna you'll feel your whole body burning, your surface temperature would actually be hotter than your core temperature! I don't understand why are you arguing this when you've no knowledge on the topic at all. Do some google research, bro. 

Posted : 17/10/2018 1:59 pm
Sceriff liked
varbrah
Estimable Member

@auxiliary7 LMAO right so ambient heating/cooling of the structures immediately surrounding the brain isn’t a thing. Sorry my mistake!

Why don’t YOU look at thermal images of humans. First of all, they are only useful for gauging temperature of soft tissue at the surface, and not of an internal structure like the maxilla. Second of all, you’ll notice the “cooler” areas of the face are either ones with abundant soft tissue/subq fat at the extremities like the buccal area or cheeks and other extremities such as the nose, ears, etc.

Also are you [Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated] joking? Warming up your face to 40-50 degrees Celsius? Protein denaturation and cell death start at 41 degrees celsius. Enjoy that, haha.

Posted : 17/10/2018 4:33 pm
varbrah
Estimable Member

@varbrah I read on another thread that you told someone else who asked this to pm you? But okay, I'd just want to find out a reliable source, which seems like an impossible task. 

Said same thing to him. You are potentially better off finding peptides. Maybe scour reddit, they always have sources floating around the nootropics forums.

Posted : 17/10/2018 5:05 pm
Halti.H

Yeah, I guess I might go that route then. I'm 18 years old so I suppose I'll produce considerable amounts of GH and IGF-1 by my myself though.

Posted : 18/10/2018 2:30 am
auxiliary7
Eminent Member

@auxiliary7 LMAO right so ambient heating/cooling of the structures immediately surrounding the brain isn’t a thing. Sorry my mistake!

Why don’t YOU look at thermal images of humans. First of all, they are only useful for gauging temperature of soft tissue at the surface, and not of an internal structure like the maxilla. Second of all, you’ll notice the “cooler” areas of the face are either ones with abundant soft tissue/subq fat at the extremities like the buccal area or cheeks and other extremities such as the nose, ears, etc.

Also are you [Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated] joking? Warming up your face to 40-50 degrees Celsius? Protein denaturation and cell death start at 41 degrees celsius. Enjoy that, haha.

I've done it already multiple times, warmth always helps with stretching tendons permanently. You're entitled to your own opinion though, your arguments have no logical side and you're just arguing because of deep insecurity that you don't get respected. Stop that and help yourself.

Posted : 18/10/2018 3:05 am
Sceriff liked
varbrah
Estimable Member

I've done it already multiple times, warmth always helps with stretching tendons permanently. You're entitled to your own opinion though, your arguments have no logical side and you're just arguing because of deep insecurity that you don't get respected. Stop that and help yourself.

No you have not warmed your maxilla to 50 degrees Celsius. My argument here is 100% logical and rooted in the fact that cells literally start dying when they are heated to 41C due to irreversible protein denaturation. There is a reason fevers kill people, lol.

And thanks for the psychoanalysis Sigmund Freud - but deep insecurity? are you sure it’s not because I want to [Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated] my mother?

Posted : 18/10/2018 9:36 am
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

Thread is getting personal for no reason 

Posted : 18/10/2018 9:46 am
auxiliary7
Eminent Member

No you have not warmed your maxilla to 50 degrees Celsius. My argument here is 100% logical and rooted in the fact that cells literally start dying when they are heated to 41C due to irreversible protein denaturation. There is a reason fevers kill people, lol.

And thanks for the psychoanalysis Sigmund Freud - but deep insecurity? are you sure it’s not because I want to [Rude Language or Insults are not tolerated] my mother?

Hey I'm not argumenting with you anymore, you're not welcome here. Have a nice day, man.

Posted : 18/10/2018 11:30 am
Sceriff liked
auxiliary7
Eminent Member
Posted by: EddieMoney

Thread is getting personal for no reason 

Ehh sorry I'll try not to hopelessly argument anymore. 

Posted : 18/10/2018 11:31 am