Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Vertical maxillary defiency,mewing will make it worse?  

RSS
Thehelper7281

So i have a maxilla that is too horizontal but that doesnt mean that its forward i have short face syndrome,no teeth exposure while smiling or talking because my maxilla is already too high and wont mewing make it worse because it will make my maxilla further up? I need to let my maxilla grow downwards but in a forwards direction 

Posted : 26/04/2020 10:40 am
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

The maxilla can't grow upwards. It can only be deficient in its vertical height. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/04/2020 6:41 pm
Thehelper7281

@eddiemoney so is mewing able to fix it at a young age or will it cause more vertical defiency?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/04/2020 8:09 am
EddieMoney
Reputable Member
Posted by: @thehelper7281

@eddiemoney so is mewing able to fix it at a young age or will it cause more vertical defiency?

It may help. Do you keep teeth together or apart?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/04/2020 3:39 pm
Thehelper7281

@eddiemoney Apart because I am scared that if I have them apart i wil rotate my maxilla further up

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/04/2020 11:13 pm
Ginderella

Maybe it is fine and you could just benefit from a lip lift. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/05/2020 12:47 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

@ginderella why a lip lift

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/05/2020 8:48 pm
Ginderella

Hello, Sometimes removing some of the philtrum (skin between the nose and upper lip) when you show no teeth looks amazing.
Go to Real Self. I follow a Dr. Mascaro on there. He is from Florida and is world renowned for his technique.

Apparently as we get older, or some people just start out that way, the upper lip gets longer and ages us.

I want to get this done when I can. Some of the pictures are right after surgery so you have to expect swelling but if your face is only a little short, a philtrum lift might look great on you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/05/2020 11:04 pm
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

@ginderella yes but that may not affect the underlying problem. We won't know without pics

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2020 4:45 pm
Ginderella

That is true but at least it might disguise the problem.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/05/2020 12:55 am