Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Venlay veneers for bite correction?  

RSS
Facetimeskink

This dentist makes veneers that can allegedly correct underbites, overbites, open bites, anything basically, and without surgery. I don’t get how he’s doing it and I’d love anyone here to guess what is going on in these mouths. It’s also crazy expensive. I’ve tried to upload photos for the last few days and it’s not letting me this time so I have to rely on the link.

https://www.faceliftdentistry.com/before-after-photos.html

Posted : 03/05/2019 9:59 am
Melius

This doesn’t really correct anything, it’s just no prep veneers; Venlay is his brand name no prep veneers he uses for marketing purposes-it’s obviously effective marketing since everyone who looks into bite correction eventually discovers Dr. Muslin and his Venlays.

They’re thick veneers placed over your teeth (if your teeth are too big, so they don’t end up looking like chiclets, some of the tooth is grinded down to be made “thinner”). These veneers make your bite somewhat improve but I’m 99% certain no jaw change actually happens. This is most obvious in his Underbite cases, you can clearly see something is off.

Also, since Venlay are his brand name no prep veneers, they are damn expensive. Honestly, if you have jaw/airway issues, this “treatment” is purely cosmetic and surgery of FAGGA or any other system would be better for you.

-Melius

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2019 10:18 am
Melius

Just note how most of his class iii patients (and some of the others) can’t even properly make teeth to teeth contact in the after photos. Their bites aren’t anywhere near perfect or what would be done with surgery or palate expansion or what have you.

The only people satisfied with this are those who a.) can afford those crazy expensive veneers b.) have ugly teeth/bad bite c.) want results NOW/ or aren’t well informed on what’s truly needed to fix their issue

For those people they will come out of it happy afterward and that’s fine for them but assuming you aren’t one of those people (specifically because you are probably more informed) I’d consider Venlays as an interesting case study in marketing and nothing more.

Good Luck

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2019 10:25 am
Facetimeskink

Thank you for a really helpful response @melius

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2019 3:05 pm
Melius

Sure thing; we’re all after similar goals so all the help you can reasonably give, you should.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/05/2019 4:36 pm
Share:

Face Development

Please Login or Register