Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Using braces concomitant to MSE?

serbian

I'm just doing a second try on MSE, after the first one failed because turning 2x per day was too much. My orthodontist then said that I should put on braces while the MSE treatment is still going on. In his words, the braces would help the maxilla to expand. I think he meant a wider wire arch. I'm now very afraid of all my mewing progress getting loss due to the braces. Are braces really needed? Would I be better without them?

Topic starter Posted : 29/06/2021 6:27 pm
Topic Tags
Apollo
Reputable Member

I haven't heard of braces being used before the MSE has split the suture. It seems like anything retentive bridging the two halves of the maxilla would prevent disarticulation. However, I have seen braces used during the stabilization period after the MSE expansion is complete but before the TADs are removed to begin the process of closing the diastema and aligning the bite.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/06/2021 2:05 pm