Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

urgent, please help !!!!  

RSS
slipnkot666

so 7 months later i try to chew gum for 30 means every other day, but irealize that my teeth getting smaller, ( i dont know how)

my lower third height was decrease, im so depressed, i get problem sleeping know.

Posted : 28/12/2019 11:04 am
PaperBag
Estimable Member

Are you clenching your teeth while asleep (or awake) besides the gum chewing? 30 minutes every other day doesn't sound like much at all, I doubt your lower third would get smaller from that little activity.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/12/2019 4:20 pm
slipnkot666

@paperbag

i dont know i want to continue chewing do you have any tips to chew properly without toching my teeths?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/12/2019 3:32 pm
PaperBag
Estimable Member

How can you expect to chew without your teeth touching? If you're really getting lower dental height just from chewing gum that infrequently, you should back off doing it. To me, that type of result would only happen through clenching. A few months ago, I tried hard clenching while moving my jaws side to side to lock in tongue posture and experienced brief positive sensations until my bite felt further misaligned, so I stopped. Try to be mindful of what your teeth/jaws are doing at rest; I can't believe that chewing gum could do so much damage unless there's a preexisting problem with your teeth.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/12/2019 5:42 pm
Kyte
 Kyte
Estimable Member

Hi,

What kind of gum do you use? Regular chewing-gums are too soft to be chewed with force. And Just one piece at a time Is too small 

I used them for tongue chewing only.

You should get a quite hard gum or eat some harder food like jerkys. The bolus has to be rather big too, because It make the pressure you apply to be distribuited on a larger area of the dental arches evenly.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/12/2019 3:31 am
slipnkot666

@kyte

chios, how many gum should i chew per session?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/12/2019 4:54 am
Kyte
 Kyte
Estimable Member

Enough to avoid the teeth to hit each other, I guess

Rely on this video 

https://youtu.be/MNuVYBYfbps

And read the description! In particolar the last line

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/12/2019 7:22 am
EddieMoney
Reputable Member

Do you bite edge to edge? Or mostly on molars? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/12/2019 8:24 am
Jaysan

@slipnkot666 

Do you mean worn down smaller? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/12/2019 8:25 am