Notifications
Clear all

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Upper lip exercises?  

RSS
Sceriff
Eminent Member

I heard from a video by Mike Mew that there are many exercises for upper lip incompetence, but I can't find them. Does anyone know what these exercises are or where I might find them? Thank you very much. 

Posted : 25/09/2020 3:37 pm
Topic Tags
krollic
Reputable Member

I don't think exercises for lip competence are necessary. When you do a proper suction hold i.e adhere the tongue to the palate, the vacuum in your mouth that is created will slightly pull your jaw upwards/teeth together and will keep your lips sealed. When this is achieved you don't have to activate yours lips at all and over time the lower lip will atrophy and the pair will become more even. Imbalanced/incompetent lips are symptomatic of a more underlying issue.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/09/2020 5:44 pm
Sceriff
Eminent Member

@krollic Mike Mew in one of his videos talked about exercises to lengthen the upper lip. 

The only one he mentioned is an exercise called Grandma's shock 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/09/2020 7:30 pm