Share:

NOTICE:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

Underbite , mewing and expanders  

RSS
Rokos08
(@rokos08)

Hi guys,im a 19 yo male and a month ago i realised that i have an underbite which is caused by an underdeveloped maxilla.. i dont have breathing or chewing issues it just ruins my smile and my face ( no cheekbones and undereye wrinkles ).After watching a lot of mikes mew videos i realised that my undeveloped maxilla is caused by mouthbreathing , a habit which i adopted as a child since i broke my nose ( never fixed it).Well i started mewing and nose breathing 2 weeks ago and hoping for results.My underbite isnt that bad at horizontal level although my maxilla is quite v- shaped.I visited many orthodontics and all except one suggested surgery.My parents and i are not really into that option because of the risk levels.i would like to know if i have a chance of fixing that skeletal issue(underdeveloped maxilla) by mewing and expanders or i just have to live with it...Moreover i would like to know if a facemask could help with that and if my cheekbones could ever grow to their genetic potential..

Posted : 22/12/2018 5:17 pm
Abdulrahman
(@abdulrahman)
Reputable Member

Hello Rokos,

I don't know of a single documented case of class 3 treated with mewing. Nonetheless, it does not hurt to try for few months, especially at your young age.  If you are interested in a serious alternative check out FAGGA. Allot of doctors are using it to achieve wonderful results unheard of before except with surgery. 

my story: http://www.aljabri.com/blog/my-story/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/12/2018 12:28 am
Rokos08
(@rokos08)

Do you know if fagga is available in Europe?If not there are any other similiar appliances that could work?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/12/2018 6:52 am
Abdulrahman
(@abdulrahman)
Reputable Member
Posted by: Rokos08

Do you know if fagga is available in Europe?If not there are any other similiar appliances that could work?

https://the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/fixed-anterior-growth-guidance-appliance-fagga-holy-grail-gonial-angle-change-maxilla-movement-forwards-and-palate-widening-without-surgery/paged/7/#post-12929

my story: http://www.aljabri.com/blog/my-story/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/12/2018 8:20 am
Rokos08
(@rokos08)

Thanks for replying me, i really appreciate it..i checked the links you mentioned and i see that there are clinics that provide the fagga treatment , but those clinics arent even close to me,and i cant afford travelling..I  was wondering if i asked my ortho about this device would he be able to find it on the net? What you think about dna appliance or devices similiar to it??( i mean pushing the front teeth too)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/12/2018 6:17 pm
darkindigo
(@darkindigo)
Reputable Member

Where are you in Europe?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/12/2018 2:50 pm
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register