Forum

NOTICE:

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website are not engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. Do not use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. Do not begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision.

underbite help  

RSS
dupreeh
(@dupreeh)

been mewing since i was 18 (now 19). although my zygomatic bones are now more prominent laterally my underbite still isnt any good. Keep in mind i am breathing through my nose all the time, have good neck and body posture. Intermolar width currently at about 40mm. thankfully my underbite is not really severe but its noticeable from profile. I really dont want to have jaw surgery 🙁

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/09/2018 5:17 am
EddieMoney
(@eddiemoney)
Reputable Member
Posted by: dupreeh

been mewing since i was 18 (now 19). although my zygomatic bones are now more prominent laterally my underbite still isnt any good. Keep in mind i am breathing through my nose all the time, have good neck and body posture. Intermolar width currently at about 40mm. thankfully my underbite is not really severe but its noticeable from profile. I really dont want to have jaw surgery 🙁

Is your posterior tongue on the soft palate? That is what will help with maxillary upswing to correct an underbite. Also more palate expansion.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/09/2018 8:58 am
dupreeh
(@dupreeh)

i can get my posterior 3rd on the soft palate, thats how i have been mewing for about a year or so. I dont think i can get any palate expansion device here unfortunately. my palate is just wide enough to mew properly as i have been doing for about a year now. its just that my overbite hasn't improved which worries me surgery will be the only option- something i definitely want to avoid

This post was modified 2 months  ago by dupreeh
ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/09/2018 9:33 am
EddieMoney
(@eddiemoney)
Reputable Member

i can get my posterior 3rd on the soft palate, thats how i have been mewing for about a year or so. I dont think i can get any palate expansion device here unfortunately. my palate is just wide enough to mew properly as i have been doing for about a year now. its just that my overbite hasn't improved which worries me surgery will be the only option- something i definitely want to avoid

Do you push laterally with force on your palate?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/09/2018 5:14 pm
dupreeh
(@dupreeh)

both laterally and upward

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/09/2018 9:00 am
Abdulrahman
(@abdulrahman)
Estimable Member

That's interesting. Are you able to jut your lower jaw forward? Does that improve your profile?

I would not worry about surgery, an underbite/overjet tends to be one of the more straight forward things to fix.  

name changed from abdul to Abdulrahman

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/09/2018 10:24 am
dupreeh
(@dupreeh)

i have an underbite hence my lower jaw is already too far forward. I'll keep mewing and update asap if i see results

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/09/2018 10:45 am
Ayla31
(@ayla31)
Eminent Member

@dupreeh, and what if you start placing the tip and blade of your tongue before the first ridge of your palate instead of incisive papilla? behind the palatine rugae. This would bring your mandible a little bit backwards and you would be still able to get results as long as the posterior third rests on the soft palate and your skull balances on the spine. Also, make sure you don't have any tension in your mandible's muscles, as this can also jut it forward.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/09/2018 11:00 am EddieMoney liked
EddieMoney
(@eddiemoney)
Reputable Member

Has your palate expanded at all?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/09/2018 9:23 pm
dupreeh
(@dupreeh)

a tiny bit, probably like 1-2 mm

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/09/2018 7:50 am
EddieMoney
(@eddiemoney)
Reputable Member

You may need more expansion to fit that mandible underneath your maxilla 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/09/2018 10:18 am
Abdulrahman
(@abdulrahman)
Estimable Member

i have an underbite hence my lower jaw is already too far forward. I'll keep mewing and update asap if i see results

Sorry, for some reason I mixed up underbite with overbite. Yes underbite is a challenge. I wonder though if FAGGA can treat this condition by expanding the maxilla forward.

name changed from abdul to Abdulrahman

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/09/2018 11:42 am
dupreeh
(@dupreeh)
Posted by: EddieMoney

You may need more expansion to fit that mandible underneath your maxilla 

impossible to find any palate expanders here. Coming from a lesser developed country most people here have straight teeth and well developed jaws. I am among the rare ones with CFD. Mewing is my only hope 🙁

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/09/2018 11:53 am
Share:

As you undergo correction in the near future, please consider keeping records for your own sake and for others. Pictures of dental impressions, scans, medical reports reports can be very helpful even with all personally identifying information blocked out.

Your input could help many, many people

Face Development

Working

Please Login or Register